Chapter 39

“Yeah, something like that,” he states softly.

I’m taken aback by his comment as he walks out of my room. Damn it. I hate it when he does that! I slip on my dark gray, knee high boots, then head back to the bathroom to do my hair.

“Um, Sylas,” I call his name nervously.

He rushes through the kitchen only to then appear in the doorway.

“Yeah,” he asks concerningly.

I look up as I reassure him, “There’s nothing to worry about. I’m okay. I just had a question.”

He nods as he looks down with relief.

“Um, I know this is stupid, though, I want to do this right the first time. I need to look great for the guy to seduce him, though, I want to keep my hair out of the way. Any suggestions,” I explain only to end with a question.

Sylas sighs softly as he rubs the back of his neck.

“Well, you know I think you’re beautiful no matter what. I mean, you can wear your hair half up, half down. Or throw it up in a ponytail. Leave your bangs hanging. Wear a headband behind your bangs, that way if they start to bug you, you can take it off and slip it back on to push your bangs back,” he answers.

I smile softly as I look into the mirror.

“I think I like the second suggestion. Thanks, love,” I say softly.

Sylas walks in only to approach me from behind.

“I told you not to deal with your hair while wearing your outfit for the night. Why don’t you change or atleast pull half of your dress down and lay a towel on your shoulders,” he states irritatedly.

Sylas unzips the back of my dress, then I slip it past my breasts while the dress practically hangs from my waist. (Love handles, actually.)

“Towels are in the cabinet by the shower,” I speak solemnly.

Sylas turns to retrieve a towel, then drapes it over my shoulders.

He unclips my hair as he says, “Hand me the brush.”

I nod as I then hand him my hairbrush. Sylas brushes my hair and to my surprise, he’s quite gentle. Sylas braids one side of my hair; just a few thin braids. He brings them together only to pull my hair up in a high ponytail.

He holds out his free hand as I then hand him a hair tie. He ties my hair up tie, just like I like it. Sylas brushes my ponytail, then puts the brush down on the counter as he heads for the door.

“There you go. If you don’t like it, change it. I just thought of something that you can make flashy, though it’s quite simple,” he states as he heads out the door.

I stare into the mirror, amazed by what he’s done. Wow. I wonder where he learned that. I grab a blue bow from my drawer only to pin up above my ponytail. I carefully take off the towel as I then throw it into the hamper. I head back to my room to find some earrings and a necklace. I slip on my black choker, which looks like a collar.

I finally come across some navy blue crystal earrings. On one side, there’s a clip with a black chain dangling from it. I slip on my earrings. The left side of my head has the braids, in which, I slip on the clip towards the top part of my ear. I take a glance in the mirror as I’m impressed with myself. I smile softly as I look down.

He did a great job. Sylas still surprises me.

I head out of my room to see Sylas sitting on the edge of the couch, with his hand cupped in front of him, while his elbows rest against his knees. He looks worried as his head hangs low. I walk into the living room only to stand before him.

“Thank you for doing my hair. I really like it,” I speak softly as I look away.

I hear the couch cushion move as Sylas stands. His eyes search every inch of me, then he begins to smirk. I look down as I blush furiously. Sylas touches the side of my face as he then kisses my head. As he pulls away, I look up at him as I smile sheepishly.

“Wanna go out for a bit? Maybe scope the place out,” Sylas questions.

I nod as I look down again. Sylas gently grabs my arm to wrap around his own. Sylas escorts me out to the car only to open my door for me.

Once I get in, I glance up at him as I ask, “What you said earlier, did you mean it?”

He closes my door, then walks over to the driver’s side door. I feel the car move slightly, then I notice Sylas leaning against the car. He’s probably trying to clear his mind and think of a way to explain his answer. After five minutes or so, I get a text from Kiki saying that she and Mikey are going to scope out the bar.

Damn it, we still have an hour. What’s the damn hurry?! I text her back, letting her know that we’ll be there soon. As I put my phone away, Sylas gets in the car. He starts it up and takes off, even before he slipped on his seatbelt.

As we pull up to a stop sign, I unbuckle to lean over the console and grab his seatbelt.

“What’re you doing,” he questions.

I grab his left arm to pull off the steering wheel, while his right hand is still in control. I slip his arm through the loop, then pull his belt over him and buckle him in. I sit back only to buckle myself once more.

“I want you to be safe, too and I don’t want you to get in trouble,” I mumble as I turn towards the window.

Sylas leans back a bit more as he sighs softly.

“Thank you,” he says softly.

I shrug it off as I add, “You never answered my question.”