Chapter 55

I squeeze the pillow tighter as I hold onto my consciousness. Sylas grabs a juice from the fridge below the nightstand, then hands it to me. I try to open the lid, though, I’m too weak, yet again. Damn it! This time, this is more due to stress! Sylas takes off the lid, then I nurse on the drink as I try to get my sugar back up again.

I lean my head against the headboard as Sylas brings over the food. He sits it down on the bed as he takes a seat as well. Sylas pulls me closer to him, then he grabs a cheese stick only to feed to me. I take a bite and chew it up slowly. I gently push the piece away as I look down.

“I’m sorry. I let it happen again. It’s just, with so much stress and exhilaration, it’s too much for my body to handle yet. Tonight was quite a stretch,” I speak softly as I rest the side of my head against his chest.

Sylas gently places his thumb against my chin to open my mouth, then he feeds me some more.

“Don’t apologize. It isn’t your fault. This happens and it’s okay. I’m here for you when you fall. Besides, I understand you’ve been through a lot tonight and the past couple days. Plus, I know I don’t help much since I seem to push you to your limits. Don’t worry though, you’ll be okay. I’ll make sure everything works out okay. I’m not just talking about you. I’m talking about us, work, and well, your life. Trust me on this,” Sylas explains as he continues to feed me.

“I trust you, with my life,” I mutter under my breath.

Sylas holds me closer, then kisses my head.

“And as I of you,” Sylas whispers.

Woah. He trusts me with his life?! Isn’t that too soon for him to say?! I mean, I’m still so inexperienced and he has the guts to say that? Damn, that’s pretty ballsy, but it means a lot to hear it. I begin to eat on my own, allowing Sylas to eat as well. Once we finished eating, I clean everything up while Sylas straightens the bed.

He plops down on the bed as he grabs his phone from the nightstand. Sylas sits propped up against the pillows in front of the bed frame. I use the bathroom to clean up before bed. Once I walk out, I see Sylas texting someone. I walk over to the bed, then lay down only to hug his waist. I rest my head on his thigh and part of my arm as my arms hold his waist.

Sylas glances down at me as he smirks. I move my arm back and forth, pretending to readjust it, though, I rub my arm over his crotch.

Sylas glares at me as he mumbles lowly, “Circus.”

I glance up at him as I stop moving. I gently grab his crotch only to rub him softly. Sylas shakes his head as he looks back at his phone.

“Do whatever you want. I’m busy right now,” Sylas states simply.

I shrug as I soon give up. He was really trying to hold back. I could feel his thigh muscles tighten as I rubbed him, though, he was never erect. Hmm, he’s pretty strong. I hug his torso again as I move my hips a bit, only to get myself comfortable. I move my arse in the air as I move my hips slowly, trying to readjust.

I can sense when he looks at me. I smirk softly as I put my hips down and spread my legs out as I continue to lay on my stomach. Sylas sighs as he puts his phone down, then moves my arms away only to lay beside me.

“You’re such a fucking tease, you know that,” he questions rhetorically.

I smile softly as I giggle. Sylas grabs my thigh to pull my leg over his hip, then he rubs my arse.

“You just want attention, don’t you,” he questions playfully.

I avert my eyes away as I become embarrassed.

I shake my head as I whisper, “No, that’s not it.”

Sylas scoots closer, grinding his hips against mine.

“Oh? Then what do you want,” he asks teasingly.

I look down as feel my cheeks heat up while they flush a light pink.

“I just want you,” I whisper nervously.

Sylas smiles as he chuckles softly. He pulls me closer by wrapping his arm around my waist.

“Very well then. That’s all you had to say,” he states nonchalantly.

I gently push him away as I whisper, “Get yourself ready.”

Sylas gets off the bed only to strip down to his boxers.

“Your turn,” he says playfully.

I smile softly as I look over at him. Hmm, an amazing body, just how I like it, unlike mine. I shake my head as I bury my face in the blanket.

“Why not,” he questions as he grabs a condom from the top drawer.

I shrug, not wanting to answer him. Sylas sighs softly as he crawls onto the bed.

Sylas sits beside me as he asks softly, “What’s wrong?”

I bury my face further into the blanket as I shake my head. Sylas grabs the bottom of my shirt and slowly pulls it up. I move around, trying to grab his hands to stop him. I soon give up once he pulls my shirt over my head.

I turn my head away from him as I mumble, “I don’t want you to see me this way.”

Sylas tugs on the top of my panties, then he runs his finger over the patterns of the lace.

“Why? I told you, I love your body. You’re beautiful. Besides, it’s not the first time I’ve seen you naked,” says nonchalantly.

I let out a soft sigh as I shake my head.

“I don’t know if I can do it,” I whisper.