Chapter 74

Once I've done so, I return to my room to find Sylas laughing quietly as he points to the wall. I walk over and smack his hand as I smile softly, trying not to laugh.

"Shush. We can't be making fun of them. Come on, we should head to the gym already. I'll just text Kiki and Mikey on our way there," I speak in a hurried whisper.

I swiftly grab Sylas's hand only to pull him off of my bed and out of my room. We rush through the apartment and out to the car to head to the gym. On the way over, I did as I said I would and messaged the love birds where we're headed. Sylas and I head into the gym where he asks the guy at the front desk if we can use one of the private training rooms.

Shortly after, we make our way back to one of the private training rooms, then we begin my training. Sylas tested my abilities once again, seeing if I've improved any. We trained for a good three hours before I had to call it quits. I could see just how worn out he was, too. We're both hot and sweaty, super exhausted and tired.

"Hey, I'm kind of hungry. What about you," I speak aloud as we exit out of the gym.

Sylas smirks as he glances over at me before we get into the car.

"And this is just one of many reasons why I love you," he comments before continuing, "I'm starved and pretty parched after that workout. You up for Mexican food or some cheeseburgers?"

My heart flutters at his words before looking down at the ground, thinking of my answer.

"Mexican sounds great. Let's stop by my place first to clean up a bit. If it isn't out of the way," I speak softly.

It's hard to avoid his words, especially when he proclaims his love for me. Damn it, he's such a sweetheart. Sylas smiles before getting into the car, then I do the same.

Once we head out, Sylas adds, "I'd drop everything for you. Which means I'd drive out of my way for you. Even if I'm states away, I'd still drive to be with you."

I smile softly as a few tears stream down my cheeks as I grab a hold of his hand which lays upon the middle console. After returning to my apartment, we find Mikey and Kiki eating pizza in the kitchen. Sylas and I smirk softly as we make our way back to my room. Their faces were priceless! Kiki and Mikey's faces just showed how utterly embarrassed and ashamed they are. It was super cute. Sylas and I clean ourselves up before heading out once more to go get tacos.

As we're eating in the lobby of the fast food restaurant, I look up at Sylas as I question, "Do you want to stay at my place tonight?"

Sylas swiftly perks up as he meets my gaze, shocked I'd ask him such a thing so suddenly. He nods his head swiftly, causing me to smile and giggle softly.

"Do you need anything from your place before we go," I question playfully, hoping to hint to him that I'm ready to go at it again tonight.

Sylas stares into my eyes momentarily before he nods his head lightly.

"Yeah, I could use some fresh clothes. Was there anything you wanted me to bring," he teases me by playing dumb.

I kick his leg under the table causing him to wince in pain.

"Damn it, alright. I got the memo. I'll grab the vibrator while I'm at it," he speaks facetiously.

I growl lowly as I glare at him, clearly pissed that he's still toying with me. Sylas busts up laughing before then sighing softly with relief.

"You really are something. I'm only teasing you, pipe down. I know what to bring," he finally confesses.

I calm myself before finishing my meal. Once we've finished eating our meal, we head over to his place to grab a few items before heading back to my apartment. It's now 5 in the morning, sadly, Sylas and I are too exhausted to try anything now. Once we make it to my room, we strip down and slip on our pajamas before crawling into my bed.

We pass out almost instantaneously, terribly exhausted from training and working ourselves to the bone. Time flies when you're having fun, or moreover, when you're a part of the Mafia, constantly working on cases and new missions. Thankfully enough, Cristian is taking care of my school and now it's under control. Roughly a month has passed since I joined the Mafia and things couldn't be going greater.

Sadly, I still haven't confessed my true feelings to Sylas, though, I've caught myself nearly giving in quite a few times. Over the span of four weeks, we've been training and completing missions nonstop. Nearly every other day, Cristian has given us some sort of task or mission, which keeps us pretty busy the whole day.

Oh! Kiki and I now have our own bank accounts with the Mafia now, which means, we don't have to constantly rely on the boys to pay for our food and clothes. For every mission, we roughly make $900-$5,000, depending one how many people we killed. People are willing to pay big bucks to hire someone to kill anyone.

Sylas, Mikey, and I have no problem doing so, though, Kiki was lacking behind for a good two weeks. It took her a while to get used to the weapons and getting blood on her hands, though, with enough training, she's now up to speed with us. The boys began staying the night at our apartment every couple nights, just to spend more time with us. It's almost to the point that we're practically living together.

Once again, everything is going great and we're enjoying our lives to the fullest! Until one early morning, Cristian called us out with urgent business. Apparently in the night, a mob that's been our enemy for years happened to cross into our territory and they're still residing within our territory. Of course, we gladly accepted Cristian's call, despite us all being exhausted and completely out of it.

The mob was about two hours north of Lafayette, thankfully, once we got there, the mob was still at rest. Or so we thought. The four of us thought this would be the perfect opportunity to strike, it's just like the cattle in the night, they're defenseless. Our plan was working perfectly as we begin slitting their throats, one by one, keeping them all quiet as we put them to their eternal rest.

As the four of us continue killing what few men are left, I hear footsteps approaching outside. I swiftly alert the others before taking my stand and pulling out my gun. I aim my gun at the two remaining men only to shoot them in the head. Quickly, I lead the others out a side door, hoping we can make a B-line to the cars down the street. This is a pretty ghetto neighborhood as it is, in which, we have to be on guard at all times.

We hear a few men on the inside of the building shouting, "Shit! They got to us before we could get them! Hurry, they haven't gone far! Find Amante's mob!"

I meet Sylas's eyes as I think of what to do, then I direct Mikey and Kiki of where they need to hide. Nearby, there was some bushes near a bridge. Thankfully, they made it there safely while Sylas and I climb a ladder to the top of the building that the dead mob resides in. Sylas leads me over behind the stairwell to keep me safe. We hear footsteps swiftly approaching in the stairwell to the rooftop.

I hold Sylas tightly as my heart pounds swiftly, fearing for the worst. Sylas kisses my lips gently before carefully pushing me away and taking his stand. He holds out his gun, awaiting the enemies to strike first. There's nothing but silence before a blood curdling scream, coming from the bridge below. I gasp softly, alarming one of the three men on the roof with us.

One of them shoots at me, but I swiftly pull out my gun before shooting him in the chest, causing him to fall off the rooftop. I quickly stand up to peek over the edge in search of Mikey and Kiki. I find them running over to the cars down the street and thankfully enough, they seem like they're okay. I hear a few gunshots being fired suddenly, assuming Sylas has just taken care of the two men that were left.

I glance over my shoulder to find Sylas falling to his knees, holding his right shoulder. I run out from behind the stairwell only to shoot both men in their heads. I drop my gun before returning to Sylas, wrapping his left around around my shoulder and helping him stand up. He's been shot in the right shoulder and the left thigh.

As swiftly as possible, I help him down the stairs and through the building. Once we exit out the side door, I pull out my phone to call Mikey. My eyes wonder over to Mikey and Kiki as their car approaches us swiftly.