Recovery

Rin's POV

   It had been two years since I arrived in Gahenna. Satan had explained his reasoning for killing the old man and apologized for doing so, and asked to start over. We were building a relationship as father and son. My eight true brothers had been supportive and were helping me to heal from the mental torment I had been subjected to.
   It would take a few decades, maybe even centuries, to completely heal, but I was on the right track. I was gently being pushed to learn Gahenna's ways, first with etiquette, then history, politics, laws, etc. I knew right off that Satan wanted to eventually crown me as a demon king and officially crown me as the heir to Gahenna, but he was willing to wait until I was ready.
Iblis and Satan had been training me to control my flames, and with them, I learned more in a day than in the entire time Shura was tutoring me. I was able to flame up without unsheathing Kurikara and I was ready to break the sword to become fully demon. However, Iblis and Satan agreed that I should train a bit more so I wouldn't succumb to the flames or lose control and destroy Gahenna and Assiah.
   Kuro was also happy here in Gahenna. He got plenty of food and attention from my brothers when I was out training or in class. Amaimon had taken a liking to Kuro, and Kuro had done the same.
   Amaimon had apologized for attacking me and had wanted to start over. He was almost always in my room with Kuro or had Kuro in his room.
   For once in my life, I was truly happy and felt loved and part of a family. No one was bullying me, everyone was kind and somewhat admiring of me. When I tried to cover my scars, my brothers told me that I should be proud I survived that. They told me that I shouldn't cover them and instead let them be seen.

Yukio's POV

   I couldn't believe I had been out for a week. I must've been too overwhelmed when Rin died. No one else had cared, but I did.
   "Shura, has Shiemi heard about Rin? Has she been discharged?" I asked.
   "I told everyone to keep their mouths shut and that I'd beat them if they opened their traps about Rin. Shiemi was discharged a couple days ago, once the doctors were sure she was in the clear. Why? You wanna tell her about Rin yourself?" she replied.
I nodded and began to get up. I was weak, but able to stand on my own. My forearm was bandaged for some reason, though I didn't remember injuring it.
  "Shura, you mind stepping out for a second?" I asked, almost forgetting she was in the room. Silently, she walked out and closed the door behind her. After assuring no one could see me, I attempted to untie the hospital gown I had been dressed in. I was interrupted by a searing pain in my left arm. I inspected the bandages to discover red seeping into the white of the bandage. Great, it reopened.
   "Shura? I need some help with the hospital gown. The injury on my arm reopened, too," I called, embarrassed. Shura entered the room once more and sat me on the bed. She then started to unwind the bandage from my arm, moving quickly but gently. Once it was off, I gasped. There was a six inch gash in my forearm, which had been stitched up. A couple of the stitches had come loose and it had started to bleed.
   "What happened to my arm?"
   "You don't remember? When you passed out after seeing Rin, you accidentally cut yourself as you fell. You had been holding the knife in your right hand," she replied as she searched the room for a needle and thread, as well as bandages and antiseptic. Once finding what she was looking for plus some scissors and forceps, she drug the bedside table over.
   "Four-eyes, this may hurt a bit." With that, she pulled the two broken stitches out. My wound began to bleed more, and she had to run for paper towels. After cleaning the blood, she poured some antiseptic into the needle and wound. Then, after threading the needle and cutting the thread, she replaced the two stitches.
Five minutes later, my arm was clean and bandaged. Obviously remembering me asking for help, she untied the gown for me.
   "Need help, Four-eyes?" she asked. Accepting my answer of no, she exited once more. I managed to remove the gown and dress without incident, though I didn't bother with my belt.
   When I stepped out of the room with a bag over my shoulder, filled with medical supplies for my arm, Shura joined me. We then walked towards Shiemi's room.
   More than twice, we had to dodge doctors and the ExWires. Finally, after a 15 minute walk, we arrived at Shiemi's room. Shura knocked and Shiemi yelled to come in. She was alone, sitting in bed beside a table covered in flowers, balloons, and get-well-soon cards.
   "Yuki?" she said, shock ruling her face.
   "Shiemi, I need to tell you something serious. It's about Rin," I said, trying to hold my tears back.
   "What is it?"
   "Rin... He's dead. His injuries were too much... He died last week," I said, no longer able to keep the tears from streaming down my face.
   "What? Why didn't anyone tell me? Rin..." Shiemi soon began to cry, letting the fact that Rin was gone sink in.
   "I'm sorry. When he died, I was there when he took his last breath... It was too much for me, I passed out. I only woke up a couple hours ago," I continued in a shaky voice, "Shura thought I should be the one to tell you."
    When I finished, alarms went off in the hospital.

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N - For simplicity, every 1 year in Assiah equals 104 years in Gahenna since there are 52 weeks in an Assiah year. This means that one week in Assiah equals 2 years in Gahenna.