Side Chapter: Magic Induced Comas

MAGIC COMAS are by far the worst thing that can happen to a person. The comas are extremely deadly and can last from 1 - 20 years, as it takes an extremely long time to regenerate a magic source. These comas are only available for PR'S, (PROPHECORS) MR'S (MIXED RACES) and MAGES. Anything longer than the set time may result in death.

MAGIC is stored in the brains temporal lobe, it's made strongly out of a person's emotions and soul, therefore, a strong emotional response to something may increase the person's magical output for the time they feel that emotion. There are many types of MAGIC COMAS, but we will only discuss certain ones, plus the damage and after effect.

MAGIC COMAS occur when someone may be hit with an extremely powerful force of magic, caused by an extremely strong emotional response. This is the most common fault to MAGIC COMAS. May result in 5 year coma at the least, plus 20% chance of death.

Another occurrence for MAGIC COMAS is when a MAGIC FILTRATION DEVICE of sorts is placed over the mouth, going directly to the brain and draining magic. Anything above 50% of magic lost will result in a 2 - 3 year coma, chance of death is 10% at most. Lower than 50% of MAGIC lost, may result at a 4 1/2 year coma, chance of death is 35% at most. Anything below one quarter of magic may result in a 8 year coma, chance of death is 85% at most.

The last type of a MAGIC COMA we will be discussing today occurs when someone willingly gives up a majority of their magic supply to reincarnate, regenerate, or resurrect someone — R.R.R for short — which is the most deadly of the three we have mentioned. HEALERS (more on HEALERS on page 197, Chapter 38) have an advantage when it comes to regeneration, they were born with a stronger MAGIC supply, and since healing doesn't take up much MAGIC, they are able to do this with ease, much like how certain foods can regenerate a certain amount of MAGIC (more on page 18, chapter 1), though, healing does take years of practice and immense concentration, one little slip could lead to a MAGIC COMA for 1 year at most.

Resurrection is one of the more deadlier R's, you're bringing someone back to life, after all. Resurrection is only possible if the body has been dead for 5 hours or less, anything above that is impossible to resurrect. If a person does resurrect someone, however, this will result in a MAGIC COMA between 8 - 13 years for the resurrector, chance of death at 70% tops. For the dead person, the MAGIC COMA will last as long as 2 - 6 years, chance of death at 5% tops.

Reincarnation is the most deadly of the three R's, the person has to have died in the last 20 years for it to be possible, and you need to be willing to sacrifice a 57% chance of never seeing them again after their reincarnation. MAGIC COMA can last up to 12 - 19 years, chance of death at 90% tops.

If a person is already dead, it is possible to inject MAGIC into them using the MAGIC FILTRATION DEVICE, they need to have 80% or more of someone's MAGIC to be able to come back to life, anything below that will turn them into a ghost, forced to relive bad memories and follow their closest companions around in misery 'till the end of time.