Chapter 5: Who Are You?

Chapter five, part one

The two girls were called to their boss' office. Apparently they needed to go on another mission of some sort, again. It made them really frustrated that they had to go on another one so soon after the last. This mission, apparently, has something to do with the taller girl's missing locket.

The shorter girl was never told why the taller girl was so attached to that certain locket, even though they were best friends. She suspected it had something to do with her mother. Walking past the male rooms, the shorter girl waved inside at her friends, each unwilling to participate in their profession as the two girls. They waved back, a small smile on their face.

Finally making it to their boss's door, the taller girl begrudgingly knocked, announcing their presence, gaining a rough "come in" from the other side of the door. The two girls walked inside to a rather spacious office. There was a large wooden desk in the middle, with a name tag on it that read 'Mr. Woods', on the wall to the right and left we're two tall bookcases, with books neatly aligned in colour order on the shelves. On the right of the desk was a plant that was about half the size of the taller girl.

"took you long enough, you pathetic women" Their boss scowled, looking up from his laptop.

"I am very sorry, father-" the taller girl was cut off by their boss.

"Do NOT call me FATHER! You mean nothing to me, and you should know that by now!" There was a small pause.

"Yes, Boss" the man behind the counter sighed.

"you two already know that you're going on a mission, right?" Their boss sighed.

"Yes, Boss" the two girls replied, in a monotone voice.

"I need you two to assassinate a couple of vigilantes that are wandering around the area. If my sources are correct, they should be arriving in the forest nearby town in two hours. Got that?"

"One question, if I may, what is this group called?" The shorter girl questioned as she pulled the hood of her blood cloak over her head, followed shortly by the taller girl.

"Oh, you want to know their name? It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I do believe they're called," The man paused, looking at the screen of his laptop. "The Callions."

-----------

The group had arrived at the outskirts of a forest. If they wanted to get to the next town up ahead, they needed to go through the leafy pit of hell. It was relatively large, not the biggest in the world, but it still looked like it would take at least a day to get past. They couldn't go around it because the forest was longer than it was wider, so it would take twice as long to follow the tree line all the way around.

Though it was sunny outside, inside the forest held a gloomy darkness. It looked like a killer could be lurking behind any and every tree, with a cereal box stabbed by a knife. Oh, my bad, that's called a cereal killer, not serial, but the forest still gave off that eerie vibe.

"U-uh, guys? Are you sure this is the... right place?" Tobias stuttered, seriously regretting coming with them.

"Yes, this is the place." Red said, giving the gloomy, tree birthing plain of land a look that said, 'I-will-beat-your-high-score-at-PacMan-even-If-I-have-to-sell-my-soul-to-satan-to-do-it' even though he was scared to death. Anything to impress the cute girl standing next to him, right?

"Alright, wusses," Chelsea slapped their shoulders, causing Tobias to nearly topple over and Red to slightly stumble, "let's stop standing around here and let's get on with our walk!" She started walking into the forest, nearly completely losing the guys, before they built up their courage and went after her.