Chapter 1: Doughnut Crisis

Chapter one

"Oh, C'moooonnn! Lemme go with youuuu!"

"No. As I said, I'm doing this alone."

Akanoshima, or Red, as everyone called him, rolled his eyes at Chelsea's childlike personality. That was the one thing he adored and hated so much about Chelsea. They had been best friends ever since they got set up in the same room at their old orphanage.

When Red asked Chelsea why she was there, she didn't answer. She never really was one to talk about her past. Red could understand why. He never really liked talking about his past either. Ever since that dreadful day, he has isolated himself. It was quite a traumatic thing to go through as an eleven-year-old. He built up walls that only the strongest of hammers could break down. And Chelsea wielded one of those hammers.

She could always get through to him, no matter when, no matter where. She was like his Kryptonite.

He never admitted it though.

He tried to keep his feelings locked down. He thought that if she found out, it would ruin their friendship. So, he stayed stoic, pretended he never felt exactly what he felt.

"Please, please, please, please, pretty pleasse?! I'll buy you a doughnut!"

Red stopped in his tracks at the word 'doughnut'. Those little balls of creamed diabetes. How could he pass that up?

"How many?" Red asked, turning his head to the side to catch a glimpse at the adorably childish 22 year old, her dark brown bangs blowing out of her face at the semi-strong wind.

"As many as you like!"

"...Fine," he gave in, "You can come." he turned his head back to the path, instead of heading to the next town up ahead, heading to that sweet, sweet doughnut shop a couple of houses down.

"YES! Haha!" Chelsea exclaimed, running after Red, walking beside him, at a relatively fast pace.

He must've been excited for those rings of sugary death.

----

Ahh, yes. They finally arrived at the sweet-smelling air conditioned little ma and pop store, known as 'Doughnuts Galore'. As said in Red words, it was like 'Heaven on Earth'. He couldn't have said it better.

The store was about the size of a normal living room. Around 4m x 6m. At the right side of the store, was the old cashier lady, Karen. She was like a mum to Chelsea and Red. She was extremely kind and caring and would've most likely taken them in if she wasn't busy dealing with her grandkids all the time.

On the left side of the store, were shelves, holding all kinds of doughnuts. Be it the size of a dinner plate, to the size of a chicken nugget. The flavor of chocolate, to the flavor of fish. They never really did know why they had that flavor. Apparently there was a customer that came over to get that one every once in a while, so they kept it around. Some people have some really strange tastes in food.

"Oh! Hello dearies. Would you like the usual? Chocolate and Glazed, correct?"

"Yup! How many would you like, Red?"

This was his time. He was never really allowed by Chelsea to get more than three doughnuts. Now that Chelsea said he could get as many as he wants, well, let's just say that he would be getting multiple food comas after this. He would get ten—no, twenty of them! If he didn't get a heart attack by the end of the day, then he certainly hadn't got enough.

"Three"

Shit, he couldn't handle the pressure.