Chapter 1 The Project

NCT towers one of the most well known offices in the city, they cover everything there

NCT towers one of the most well known offices in the city, they cover everything there. If you can think of it, they have probably covered it. I'm a writer here, some call me the best. I think that's an overstatement but I have the company awards to prove it.

I work here with my best friend Kate, we've shared a cube together since we both started here. Unlike your stereotypical office, ours is pretty spacious, the cubes are big enough for two people to share comfortably. The office itself is covered in windows with comfy couches scattered near the kitchens and break areas.

When I tell people about what my office is like they always call me lucky, I mean sure we have drink Fridays and spirit weeks where they host many fun activities and massages. That's just part of the experience. To keep your workers happy you need to give them something fun to do every once in a while. It's a tactic they use to keep us working hard, everyone knows it but they don't like to think about it saying it ruins the mood.

"y/n! y/n!'"

My name being called pulls me out of my daydreams. I turn to see Kate looking at me.

"Yes Kate."

"Girl, the boss just made an important announcement and you missed the whole thing."

My eyes widen, of course when I want to daydream that's the time he decides to make his announcements.

"What did he say?"

"We have a new customer that's giving a big project on a tight schedule. You know what that means."

I let out a sigh "over time."

"And lots of it."

As much as I love this job, times like this make me hate it. Customers like this annoy me so much they give us this big idea but don't give us enough time to put it together for them. I always say that the boss should deny these jobs since they never really turn out the way we want them to, but his confident ass never backs down from a challenge. I swear I don't know why so many people like him. He can be really annoying sometimes.

With another sigh I turn to my computer, looks' like the devil himself is messaging me. I open the email and brace myself for what he could possibly want.

[ y/n good afternoon as you heard we have a new client. They don't want much this time thankfully, so I thought I'd let you make a small team to deal with their request. I am sure you'll blow them out of the park like always.

If you need anything you know where to find me. good luck. -the man who pays you , Jaehyun]

"...Hey Kate?"

"Yes bestie."

"How would you like to be on my team for this little project?"

"He's letting you lead this time?"

"Yep, he trusts my skills and I mean why wouldn't he? I'm the best writer in the company."

"Someone likes to toot their own horn. This is still shocking he's never done that before, he must really like you."