Chapter 1: Burning House

*9 years ago*

The house lit up like the fourth of July, the fire erupting from the sides burning the walls of my house. I saw a creature running around my room, but it was too fast to see what it was. The smoke crawled in my nose making me cough. I watched as my notebook disappeared from my nightstand, then in a flash my backpack was lifted into the air. It was all a fast blur. Things disappearing and then out of nowhere and then something or someone jumped onto my bed.

"Young Athena you have a big future a hind of you and it's not your time. You must take this backpack and run don't ever look back to this house. Got it?" A women whom was sitting on my bed holding my backpack said.

"What about my mommy weird fire lady?" I spoke sleepily rubbing my eyes.

"Young Athena you mustn't worry about you mom for she will forever be in your heart-" I cut the crazy lady off.

"Wait I can't leave her!" I yelled and rushed off the bed. The house crumbling as I ran in the hallway, the smoke affecting me more and more. I slammed the door open and burst in. There in the bed lay my mom, she had fire spread across her like grass. Her body slowly turning to ash.

"NO!!!" I screamed like bloody murder. I was swept off my feet.

"Sh sh, Young Athena you shouldn't scream for she is in heaven." I hit the lady and squirmed to get out of her arms. Nothing worked. The lady laid my backpack with me in her arms and shielded me. The fire bounced off her like she was immune to it. I however, was being burned by the little air pockets she left me in her shielded hold. Once outside she ran far from the house with me falling asleep in her arms.

That was the night I gave up all hope. The day I built my wall. The day my mom died in our burning house. The worst part was that I couldn't save her fast enough.