Chapter 27: Cherry Green

*Ashley's P.O.V.*

"Ash-wee come get me!" Zack says running off. I toss his and my ice cream trach in a bin. I chase after him with my arms open. Jenna smiles at us as she finishes her ice cream on the bench with her legs crossed. For the first time in a long, long time I forget the worlds worries.

"Ash-wee can't catch me!" Zack giggles.

"Oh really?!" I continue to stubble after him.

"Ashley be careful please." Jenna's voice calls out to us.

"I will." I turn and smile at her. I then hear a car engine roaring.

"Lucy!" Zack yells. I look at Zack shocked as her runs to the stopped car.

"Zack! Zack slow down!" I yell worry taking over. I run with pain and out of breath as fast as I can. I see the door of the drivers side open and Luke climbs out. He grabs Zack and lifts him up. Zack giggles, he hugs Luke. Luke set him down and I trip and I try to slow down.

"Ashley!" I hear Jenna yells, "I told you to be careful!"

"Ashley!" Luke grabs me off the ground. "You need to quit falling for me you already told me you love me." Luke smirks.

I take in a shaky breath. "Ha, ha, very fun-" Zack cuts me off mid-sentence.

"Ash-wee hurt." Zack points at the ground.

"Huh?" Luke sets me down and looks at the ground. It was just a small amount of blood. Luke's eyes traces my body looking for the mark, but he didn't get far.

"Ash-wee, scraped her knee!" Zack yelled for the world to hear.

"Come here buddie," I kneeled on my other knee. "I'm fine just a small scrape." I smile at him he flung his arms around my neck dramatically.

"Quick grab her! Stick her in your car and to the hospital!" I could hear Zack whisper yelling over my shoulder.

"Zack I'm fine buddy." I laughed at his cuteness.

"Hello Lucas." Jenna said walking up to us. Luke just stared at me like he did before he told me he was a wolf. I now have a rough estimate of why he's staring. I'll ask him later though just to be sure. I let go of Zack and stood up.

"Ashley up up!" Zack raised his arms and clenched and unclenched his tiny fists.

"Okay, okay." I lifted him and he rested his head on my shoulder while he sat on my hip. He was still small for his age. It's funny, I'm short for my age and so is he.

"Kids we should get dinner and head home." Jenna said looking at the time. "Besides Lucas I think your mom might get worried about where you have been." Jenna glances at him worried. Luke shook his head as he entered reality.

"Welcome back to reality." I set my hand on his shoulder. He glared at me then smiled.

"I'm sorry, I zoned out for a minute." Luke concentrated looking into my eyes. "What did Jenna say?" I practically screamed when I heard his voice enter my head.

"Don't be scared this is a wolf thing, I can enter my thoughts to you. Though you can't send me your thoughts unless I start. Basically I'm reading your mind so don't freak out." He laughed.

"Your gonna explain this mister, she said your moms most likely worried and were going to get dinner." I informed him.

"My mom won't be worried I called her a few minutes ago. Where are we getting dinner?" Luke asked cooly.

"I don't know you're the guest you choose." Jenna said.

"Well how about," Luke looks over at Zack, "you choose." He smiled at Zack.

"Let's get Cherry Green!" Zack yells.

"Ahh! Ears!" I hiss at Zack. He looks up at me a delicately kissed my cheek.

"Sworry." Zack says squeezing me into his embrace.

"Hey save some for me!" Luke hugs me and kisses my other cheek.

"I have an Idea! Come here." Luke leans to Zack. All I can hear are muffed words.

"3... 2... 1..." When Zack says one they both kiss opposite cheeks. My face turns red.

"Hold that pose!" Jenna says and whips out her phone she snaps a quick photo. "You all look so cute." She squeals quietly like a fan girl. As they both pull away Zack smiles at me with his teeth showing and his eyes closed. He's missing a few teeth in the front. Luke smirks down at me with his thumb on his lips. I blush harder from that look.