Chapter 13: Stitches

*Ashley's P.O.V.*

I woke up in the floor of my room, my eye was sealed shut, and I had a fat lip with more bruises and cuts. I looked into the mirror and couldn't even recognize myself. My right ankle was most likely broken and I needed stitches on my left arm from the glass shards he used to cut me. I looked at my phone for the time when I take my headphones off. I shut my music off and try to get up since it's three twenty-five in the morning.

When I finally got up I had a dizzy feeling and almost fell back down, but I caught myself. I grabbed my backpack and gently put it on my shoulders. I opened my door with a loud creak from the hinges, I cringed as it was finally quiet again. I waited a few minutes then limped down the steps quietly and dazed. I limped gently to the front door, unlocked it, I opened the door. I locked the bottom lock then limped out shutting the door carefully.

I sighed in relief and started limping out of the driveway. I got within a few miles from the house when I checked the time to see that it turned six oh five. I had tied my plaid shirt to my arm so it stopped the bleeding, it was now soaked in dried blood. I limped into the forest a little way and sat down by a hidden tree. I closed my eyes and put my head against the tree.

~~~

I moved when I heard sticks cracking,I open my unswollen eye to look around. I didn't fall asleep I had just sat down and closed my eyes because it had started to sting. I watched as a huge wolf walked into my blindspot and into my vision.

The wolf had light brown fur with a red tint around where a harness would on a regular dog. The wolf's belly and first legs were white while his back legs were light brown. The wolf had big light green eyes that were shining into my soul. The wolf had a white snout and up his forehead a little was a white treble clef mixed into his light brown fur.

"Whoa there puppy," I carefully slid up the tree without using my broken ankle. I don't dare make any sudden moves with the beast so close. I can tell the wolf his a boy, but he also has razor sharp claws that could tear me to shreds. I tried to move in my blindspot where the wolf wasn't but I heard a strong growl escape the beast, I stopped me in my tracks.

"He's going to kill me," I muttered to myself as I tried to find and out. I wonder if he would laugh if I came up with a really good joke-, shut up Ashley you have to escape! My inner voice scold me. I tried to move but the second I moved the wolf pushed me down growling. It was like the wolf was purposely trying not to step on me because his front paws were under my arms and his back paws were between my legs.

"Sorry, please don't maw my face off," I moved my arms over my face. Then the strangest thing that I never thought would happen happened. The wolf started nuzzling my face and under my neck. The wolf nuzzled me until I was in a sitting position, he put his head under my arms and pushed me up.

He licked my face a little and walked away after I petted his soft head, I heard a howl in the distance. I sat there for a while to stunned to move. To lost in thought to move.

"Ashley!" I saw Lucas come running up to me wearing blue jeans and a navy tight T-shirt with plain shoes.

"Did you see the wolf?" I asked as I watched Lucas ran a hand threw his tasseled light brown hair.

"What wolf?" Lucas sees my arm, "Ashley I think you might be hallucinating." He sighed, but there was something in his telling me that the wolf was real.

"Maybe, I don't know but the wolf was kind and helped me." I say leaning my head back.

"Hold still Ashley I'm going to pick you up," Lucas came closer to me and bent down on one knee. He reached his hand behind my back and under my knees.