Chapter 12: Research

*Luke's P.O.V.*

When she kissed my cheek I had to resist the urge to kiss her. The sparks lit up my body like fireworks though they were not visible. This affected me by putting me in a small daze. She took of and ran like the ocean breeze, I ran after her but didn't go full speed. I followed her to Jenna's house and saw the same person and the same car from the day she ran into me.

I saw her physically shaking, "I'm here," her voice held terror and fear.

"Finally, get in the car brat." The snobby man said. I tried to move closer but a twig snapped from under me.

I saw her frightened face in the window as they drove off with her playing her music in ear buds. I felt bad for her but I didn't know what she was afraid of, but it had something to do with the blond man.

I took out my cell and looked up my friends contact, David.

"Yo David," I said when he answered his phone.

"What up man, did it work?" He asked.

"Yeah thanks for that man, and can you ask our sneaky friends to do some research on a John Taylor?" I ask.

"Sure man give me a description."

"He is a white male, blond hair, about 6'4, hazel eyes, a little chubby and the man drives a silver chevy corvette." I inform David.

"Thanks man, I can ask them to spie and research, anything else?" David asks me.

"Hm," I could ask him to figure out Ashley's past, but then again I want her to feel free to tell me her past when she's ready.

"No that's all I need thanks man."

"No prob." We both hang up and I to a jewelry store.

~~~

"Hello sir how can I help you?" An elderly man asked me as I walked into the store.

"I need a charm bracelet, with special charms." I say to the man at the counter.

"We have sternly silver charm bracelets that you can add homemade charms to." He said pulling out a charmless charm bracelet.

"Yes that is exactly what I need." I say happily.

"Okay so I will have you design nine charms for the bracelet and I can give you the bracelet now. Will that work?" The man asks.

"That will be perfect, can I bring you the piece of paper with the designs tomorrow and by the bracelet now?"

"Yes, the bracelet will be twenty and the charms will be thirty-five. Would you like to prepay or pay half now and the rest when we give you the charms?"

"I'll pay the twenty now and thirty five when I get the charms." I say handing the guy a twenty. He wraps the silver chain bracelet and hand it to me. I walk out and start my way home.