« fourteen »

Slight trigger warning for a (small) panic attack. It isn't that bad and it's not in detail but  it's there just in case.

The forest seemed to be at peace as the four teenagers calmly strolled through it, it was Ryan's idea to come and, of course, Joshua disagreed but it was three to one so Joshua really didn't have a choice

Ryan has been keeping his distance away from Joshua ever since yesterday, every time Joshua would bring up the conversation Ryan would just pretend it never happened and would walk away. Of course, it made Joshua feel like he's done something wrong but the more he thought about it, the more he believed it wasn't important and never brought it up to Ryan again.

It was still a little terrifying for Joshua to see wolves come trotting up to them like it was completely normal but the way Tyler had his arm wrapped around his waist made him feel protected so Joshua knew he didn't have to worry about being attacked. It had been a few times where some would glare at him from afar and some would actually even try to bite him but they would instantly submit when Tyler would growl at them with the deepest red eyes Joshua has ever seen.

A few questions did pop up in his mind cause Joshua knew he's seen eyes like those when he scratched up his knee one night, the necklace he now barely wears also has eyes like that and the couple of times at school but he didn't bring it up because he knew he wasn't going to get a clear answer.

Joshua's heart started racing and his steps slowed down when he noticed a familiar meadow come into view, both Tyler and Ryan noticed his change in mood but didn't think anything of it. Joshua looked back to see a whole fucking pack following behind and his anxiety shot right through the roof, he tugged himself out of Tyler's grip and started to back up, only for a wolf to nudge his leg with its nose and make him jump forward terrified.

Ryan noticed that Joshua was near the point of having a panic attack and pulled him off to the side, the trees engulfed their bodies as Ryan pulled Joshua into a hug and rubbed his back when his friend started to tremble in his arms.

"It's going to be ok, deep breaths for me, ok?"

Joshua gripped tightly to Ryan's shirt and listened to his friend, only focusing on Ryan's voice and it didn't take long till Joshua was breathing normally and wasn't shaking. Ryan pulled back and cupped his friend's cheeks, wiping away his tears and frowned slightly.

"I'm so so sorry for bringing you here, it wasn't my plan to come here but Brendon thought it was a good idea and I didn't know that the pack was going to follow us, gosh I'm so fucking sorry."

Joshua shook his head and fixed his glasses, looking back to see Brendon chatting away with the wolves while Tyler looked at him with worriment in his eyes, Joshua weakly smiled at him and turned back to Ryan.

"It's fine, I know you didn't mean to do it on purpose and the wolves just added onto it. Is it ok if we go home? I don't want to be surrounded by wolves and I just have a feeling I'm going to have an actual panic attack."

Ryan nodded his head without hesitation.

"Of course, let me go tell the boys and when we get to your house, I'm gonna wrap you up in your weighted blanket and we're gonna binge watch your favourite Disney movies."