« seventeen »

Josh learns the actual truth in this one, basically, he's just now learning that he's a wolf and Tyler's his mate.

I know it's rushed and stuff but I wanna get it over with so I can actually SAY they're together and shit.

Ily guys though ❤️

Also, I dedicate this chapter to totalkaos because even though you only commented once, it still made my day ❤️

"I think it's time you learned the truth, josh."

it's been an hour since josh confessed his feelings about the wolves and it's been completely silent since. both brendon and tyler transformed back into humans a little while ago and instantly perked up at ryans voice. joshua looked up from his phone and pushed his glasses back up, a confused expression written across his face as he looked over his shoulder to see tyler ignoring his gaze and looking back to see brendon giving ryan a death glare.

"about what? that humans can transform into wolves? I already know that."

ryan sighed and shook his head.

"there's more to it."

joshua felt tyler tighten his grip around his waist and a kiss planted on the back of his neck.

"what do you mean?"

ryan shuffled his way out of brendon's lap, which was a little hard to do since brendon wasn't letting go, and sat closer to joshua.  joshua watched as ryan took one of his hands and cradled it into his own, ryan's eyes hesitantly met his and joshua knew it wasn't good.

"you already know that people can.. transform into wolves, so we can check that off the list."

joshua could tell ryan was trying to lighten up the mood but he could hardly smile so he squeezed his friend's hand which ryan immediately return. 

"so, you know that wolves can have mates, right?"

joshua slowly nodded his head, already having a small idea of where this was going but he let ryan explain it. brendon could tell his mate was having a hard time continuing so he rubbed and kissed ryan's head which instantly calmed him down, joshua watched and figured that was one of the ways to calm and make them feel safe.

"ok, so, you kind of already figured out that brendon and I are... mates, right?"

joshua nodded his head, not bringing up the fact that he already figured it out long ago when he was doing his research. ryan gave a weak smile and leaned back onto brendon, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"ok, um, you know the way tyler treats you is like the way brendon treats me, and since brendon is my mate, tyler is...yours."

a deathly silence immediately fell upon the group. while joshua was taking in the information, ryan, brendon, and tyler were all holding in their breath's.

after about five minutes of no response, ryan sighed and slowly let go of joshua's hand.

"maybe it was a bad idea to tell yo-"

before ryan could finish his sentence, joshua spoke.

"I'm not surprised."

ryan's eyes widened.

"w-what, wait really?"

joshua shrugged his shoulders and looked back at tyler, seeing a shocked expression but other then that he was smiling. ryan sighed heavily.

"thank god, I thought you were going to freak out or something. but.."

joshua looked back with eyebrows knitted together.

"but what? wasn't that it?"

ryan and brendon made eye contact before ryan looked back and shook his head.

"no but I wish, um, honestly I don't know how to start."

joshua watched as ryan cuddled back into brendons lap and looked at tyler, making him turn his head to see tyler shakily sigh.

"it's rare for this to happen and it honestly never happens often, but, um, you are a.. wolf."

joshua's eyes could not have widened more, he looked back to see ryan smiling sadly and brendon with no emotion. a small shimmer of hope crept through him as he silently waited for either ryan, tyler, or even brendon saying they were playing a joke on him but as he looked back and forth between them, he knew they weren't joking.

joshua slowly let the news sink in.

"I'm a wolf?"

joshua didn't look at ryan nor brendon and turned around in tyler's lap, he wanted to hear it personally from him. tyler hesitantaly met his eyes and joshua slowly brought both hands up, softly cupping the brunets face.

"you're telling me I'm a wolf?"

tyler slowly nodded his head.

"yes but it never happens often, you're the first one in over ten years."

instead of responding, joshua leaned in and kissed him. both ryan and brendon looked at each other and ryan smiled.

"I think this was a success."