13

Johnny woke up to the sound of muffled voiced talking hurriedly. He tried to listen, but he couldn't understand anything as it was just Ten talking to someone on his phone in Thai. Jaemin also seemed to be woken up by it, and the guys looked at each other, frowning. They got up and looked for Ten, and they found him in the living room. As Ten noticed their appearances, he smiled at them, then continued talking.

After what seemed like five minutes, he ended the call, and Johnny and Jaemin definitely did notice the change of Ten's mood even though their lack of the Thai language and even though Ten tried to conceal it.

"What's wrong?" Jaemin asked.

"Nothing, really, please eat some breakfast," Ten tried to shrug it off, going to the kitchen to prepare some bowls of cereal, the other two following behind. Johnny wasn't going to let something that seemed important to his friend slide so easily.

"We can tell something isn't right. Please talk to us. We want you to be fine," he gently explained. Ten exhaled a heavy sigh, then spoke up.

"My family in Korea has been attacked by the hunters, my mom just called me. She's the only one surviving."

Jaemin and Johnny immediately pulled the other boy into a hug, who sobbed relentlessly into their clothes, gripping the hems of their shirts.

Johnny felt like his heart was being ripped apart, two hands slowly tearing it into small pieces. It hurt him to see Ten like this. Johnny usually couldn't see people cry and be sad, but with Ten, he noted, those urges to care for him were even bigger than with anyone else.

He was slowly falling for Ten, and there was nothing he could do to prevent himself from heartbreak.

----

As they all stepped foot into their respective classes, the younger ones having a maths class while the older guys had to attend a chemistry class first, nobody said anything about Ten looking quite disheveled and sad, puffy eyes and all. Maybe they didn't even notice, after all, Ten could just manipulate them to ignore him.

When the others had woken up, they had been informed about the situation instantly, and they decided that they had to be even more careful. Also, they would sleep in the two houses in Korea with at least two people every night, changing the people after one night. Maybe they would even sleep in shifts, just for safety.

They had more to worry about than their messed-up sleeping schedules.

It was that same night that Jisung disappeared during school hours.

The hunters had attacked him during lunch break as he was using the restroom, Jaemin being in close proximity, but the hunters were tarned too well.

The three were students from their school.