❅❈ 8 ❈❅

Me and Jaemin walked down to the recording studio. He had left a note on the coffee table saying that we're going to the recording studio and will be back in a while.

"Woah this is the recording studio?? I could comfortably live in here~" I said as I looked around the studio. Beside it was the dance studio which was locked but I could clearly make out that it was big.

"You wait here." Jaemin said as he pulled me by my hand and chuckled making me sit down on the comfy couch. "I will try to give music to the raps first. You choose okay?" he said excitedly and I nod hard.

I was feeling so delighted right now. I could never imagine suggesting any idol in choosing some music for their song.

I saw Jaemin go inside the sound proof room after setting some tunes in auto mode. He puts on the earphones and warms up a bit as I intently look at his posture. Then he looks up at me and smiles warmly as he shows a thumbs up sign and I reflect it back with both my hands doing a thumbs up sign cheerfully.

"And 3 2 1" then he started rapping. It was so good that I could die in peace now. When his rap was over, he looked at me gleefully and cocked his eyebrows at me. I quickly show him a thumbs up and he smiles at it.

"Y/N can you hear me?" he said from inside it his microphone. I quickly nod my head.

"I will do it in another way. Tell me which one's better hm?" he said and I nodded again. After his second version of rap was done I clap very hard in excitement. He's a pure talent machine. I thought to myself.

He put down his headphones and walked outside to me. "So which one was better?"

"Honestly both your versions were so good I can't choose." I said putting forth my honest opinion as he chuckled a bit shyly.

"I have a better idea. Let's hear the recordings of both versions." he suggested.

He played the first audio file and nodded to himself, then went for the second one and nodded again. "I think the..." he did not even complete the sentence when I intervened. "second one is better!"

He looked at me in complete silence for a minute at how excited I look. Then he chuckled and looked away for a bit then back at me. "I think so too."

*✲゚*。✧٩۶*✲゚*。✧

When we got back, we noticed Jeno and Chenle sitting gravely and eyeing us suspiciously.

"What?" asked Jaemin awkwardly as our eyes fell from Jeno to Chenle.

"Tell us honestly..." said Chenle.

"Are you both secretly dating?" Jeno completed his sentence.

"What no what–" Jaemin blushed hard and gulped. "Of course not!" he exclaimed. I blushed hard and nodded my head frantically. "Will you guys stop asking such embarrassing questions every single time you see us alone?" I said shoving my hands inside my pocket awkwardly.

"We can't help but doubt. You know you like him and he's like such a heart steeler. He might just fall for you–" Jeno was speaking when Jaemin intervened looking dead serious with a deep voice. "I think you guys should concentrate on your work. We really have nothing between us and we'll never do."

Then he went straight to his room and I don't know why but his words just hurt more than I thought. My smile faltered as I looked his way. Then realising the awkward situation I shrugged and said, "I guess I'll take some rest. The song's complete. We had gone to the recording studio to add some music to it... That's all. You can check it out... Bye." and even I headed to my bedroom and locked the door behind me.

I was feeling unusually down as Jaemin's words rand through my ears. He didn't like me a bit. That was the truth. Yet why do I feel like I was betrayed? I must be out of my mind and to clear my thoughts I thought of writing down a poem... It always helps.

Make me yours forever,
I'm breaking but got no support never.
I wish love was as simple as in stories,
But everyone writes their own theories.
The sadness in your eyes when you look at me,
Make me realize we'll never be 'we'.
You hate me and that's what I think,
I'm suffocating and dying, ready to sink.
You won't come to my rescue,
But still like a fool... I try to paint it colourful from a dull blue.

– Dedicated to Nana :')

I don't why but I wrote that. Nobody's going to check my rough book anyway. I sigh and look at the time. It was quite late so I switch of the dim lights in my bedroom and go off to bed, but not even a wink of sleep in my eyes. I kept staring at my palm aimlessly as I drowned myself in the thoughts of Jaemin. All the moments we spent together and when he got pissed and told his friends, we can never be a thing. It hurt but I numbly kept on thinking about it. How pathetic of me...

A/N : I know this chapter is a bit short but sometimes a short dosage is more useful than a longer one~

I don't even know what I just said. Never mind lol

 Never mind lol