❅❈ 18 ❈❅

It had been days since Jaemin confessed to me. And I finally made my choice. Maybe this was going to be hard, but I had to do it. I may be a fool for doing this but I can't let myself hurt and think about it all the time.

"Y/N are you ready? We gotta go!" said Irene with a small grin. I smiled at her and nodded as I walked out.

Today was the big K-POP Awards where not only artists perform and win awards but also, song writers, directors, producers, everyone have nominations and win awards.

I was nominated for the song I wrote for NCT Dream's Comeback 'Your Smile'.

I was pretty excited, considering this was my first award show I'm going to attend. I had become close to the Red Velvet Unnies, especially Irene unnie. She used to take care of me like my mom and I loved her so much any way.

"How do I look?" I asked Irene once we were out. I was wearing a deep blue dress with golden heels.

"You're looking fabulous!" she complimented me as I smiled brightly

I was also pretty nervous because I would see Jaemin for the first time after that day. Yeah, I always avoided him after that day whenever he tried to talk to me or approach me. I used to hang out with Chenle and Jisung... Even Jeno and Renjun but not Jaemin. Nope. I used to get very awkward.

I sat in the third row as I fixed my dress. I was feeling so excited. I feel some men walk up right beside me and I look up to see, none other than NCT Dream.

My eyes meet with Jaemin's and I swear I forgot to breathe then. He looked so handsome and breathtaking in the black tuxedo I actually started like a fool until Chenle nudged me and cleared his throat. "Hey Y/N."

He was smirking. I blushed heavily as I bow to them formally. "Hello!"

Jisung lets out a squeaky laugh at my formal behaviour. "Oh drop that behaviour Y/N!" he laughs.

Then I see Haechan come forward. We never really met. This was my first time meeting him.

"You are Y/N? I've heard a lot about you!" he said merrily.

"Hehe thanks..." I trailed off as I tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Soon the MCs came up on stage and asked us to sit down. Jaemin immediately pushed away Chenle from beside me and took the opportunity to sit down beside me. I tried my best not to look at him and to look as calm as possible.

The awards were going on and I was glad when NCT Dream got the award for Best Comeback in 2019 Male. I clapped happily for my friends and congratulated them. I looked up at Jaemin who was smiling at me and I smiled at him, genuinely for the first time after that day.

"Congratulations..." I greeted with a huge smile.

"Thank you Y/N." he said.

They went up on stage and took the award and I swear I was feeling like a proud mother.

Then finally my most awaited moment came. The Award for the best song writer. The nominations were given first and I could feel myself panicking already.

Jaemin must have noticed becuause he held my hand and rubbed it. I looked at him and he smiled softly. "It's gonna be okay." he whispers to me.

I gulp and look at him with a small blush. "I don't know..." I confess as I bit my lip.

"Hey Y/N look at me," he says gently. "Don't be scared hm? Even if you don't win this time, no one would blame you. You're great and we all love how beautifully you write your songs." he said with a pleasing smile making me smile too.

"And the Award for the best songwriter goes to," I close my eyes shut tightly, praying to god.

"MOON HANA!!!"

I open my eyes as I feel tears sting my eyes. The girl walked up on stage as she thanked them and talked about her years of struggle and credited everyone who supported her through her hard times, but me, on the other hand... I was heart broken. Devastated.

Without a word I get up and walk away hurriedly.

"Y/N?"

"Y/N?"

Jaemin, Chenle, Jisung, they all try to call me but I turn a deaf ear to them and walk out to the exit. When I was sure that I was alone, I let my tears out. My whole body shook as I buried my face in my hands and cried hard.

I feel my body being pulled against someone as two arms soothingly rub my back. I bury my head in his chest and cry, soaking his shirt wet.

"Shhh it's alright..." he mumbles and that's when I realize it was Jaemin. I part and look up at his eyes as he gives his same old smile.

"I'm here Y/N. Don't worry. This was your first time, and her? It was her sixth time! You'll be more experienced and I'm sure you will ace it! Your song got nominated just in one go and that is a big deal okay? So cheer up! Next time we'll work harder!" he gives me some words of encouragement as I stare at him.

He takes the attempt to wipe away my tears and I let him do so.

"I promise, for me, your song was the best." he says and kissed both my cheeks.

I blush as I nod lightly and he pulls me into a long, warm hug. It was caring and protective and I felt so loved like never before. Surprisingly, I wasn't feeling bad anymore. I was feeling happy. My song was the best for him...?

–To be continued...

A/N : Yeah I know, I had not been able to update in ages and I am so sorry for that! >_<

My exams were going on so I was very occupied! But I am gonna update again Yayy! ^^