Guiding Star

Kyungsoo took the fresh air as much as his lungs could contain at once. Then he looked up at the sky, as if he could really see the black and blue of it, with the adding of shiny little stars for its beauty. Chanyeol described how the sky looked like in the morning, and noon, and evening, and at night. He said that it looked beautiful the most at night.

Kyungsoo sat down on the wet grass ground, still looking up and wishing inwardly that he could see the sky at least once in his lifetime, again. He didn't know even a slightest how stars looked like, how the sky looked like or how the grass under his hands looked like. He hoped he could, at least for a second.

"They say that you could choose a star for your guiding star." Chanyeol said, as he sat down beside Kyungsoo on the ground.

"Really?" Kyungsoo asked in excitement. "I can really have one?"

"Yes."

Kyungsoo pointed up at the sky, at least he thought he was, and randomly pointed at where ever he supposed the star would. "I choose that one." He confirmed.

Chanyeol let out a hearty warm laughter, "You picked the brightest one, Kyungsoo."

Then Kyungsoo broke into a wide grin, he sheepishly turned to Chanyeol and asked, "Do you have your own star too?"

Chanyeol smiled, "Of course."

"Does it shine bright like mine?" Kyungsoo asked cheekily.

"Yes. It does. It shines really bright." Chanyeol replied. "And I am looking at it right now."

Kyungsoo nodded with a wide smile, "That's good then." He said, before he turned away to look up the sky full of stars (as Chanyeol mentioned) without knowing that the taller boy was watching him all the while when they were talking.

"I want him to shine as bright as always." Chanyeol muttered. "Shine bright like this forever, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo was a young boy the beginning of his teenage year, when looked at him there seemed to be no much difference from other kids his age. His dark, huge eyes often tricked people in believing he could see. Kyungsoo lost his sight at a young age in an accident where he also lost his parents. Since no one in the family wanted to take care of the foster blind child, the grandmother took pity on him and brought the boy into the small village she lived him.

Kyungsoo did not quite fit in the village for he lived in the city as long as he could remember. Moreover, the little boy did not take the lose of his eyesight quite good as well in the beginning. But with his grandmother's help, he could soon adjust to his new lifestyle.

The grandmother worked for the both of them, taking care of the small plantations they had at the  back of their house. That was the only source of living of the family. Speaking of family, it was only Kyungsoo and his grandmother, and sometimes Kyungsoo wondered if they could still be referred as a family. Kyungsoo helped his grandmother in any way he could, which was not much, but that was okay. The grandmother was pleased enough to see her grandson trying to water the crops without even able to see them.

Kyungsoo life was lonely and dark, his grandmother could not afford to send him to special school, and since Kyungsoo could not read he did not have much of the knowledge. He never dared to ask Grandma Do to read for him in the bed as he knew how much she worked hard for the both of them. That was until a certain Park Chanyeol showed up into Kyungsoo's life, everything had changed since then.

Kyungsoo and Grandma Do were out in the market and Kyungsoo accidentally loosen his grip and get lost, that was how he met the cheerful and full of mysterious boy, named Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol had knocked him off the ground as he was too busy making faces at the dog. Kyungsoo had landed on his butt right on the hard ground. He felt a hand on his arm which hoisted him up as if he was the most lightest feather in the world.