Chapter 11

*Austin's POV*
"Why do you put yourself down like this? Why do you tell yourself these things?.." I grabbed her hand. "Because I'm not blind, Austin. I know, I fucking know you will always love her mor-" I cut Katelyn off. "If that was the case, would I risk my whole relationship with her for you? Answer me that." I held her hand tighter. She couldn't think of what to say next. Katelyn jumped onto me and kissed me hard. "I love you. And please, don't doubt my love for you like that again. It hurts me." I frowned. "I'm sorry.." she hugged me tight. I smiled. I started to think about what Katelyn said. I managed to reassure her but.. I couldn't reassure myself. Maybe I do love Catherine more.. No.. I love them the same. Right?

*Katelyn's POV*
Catherine went upstairs to check on Austin and I. She knocked on my door. "Oh shi.." Austin jumped off the bed and ran into my closet. "Come in!" I said. "Hey. Have you seen Austin? He just bailed on me out of no where." Catherine said suspiciously. "Umm, no. I haven't seen him. Sorry." I lied. "Oh. I should text him." She pulled out her phone and texted Austin. A notification came from my closet. I tried not to panic. Think. Think Katelyn! "Wait- did you hear that??" She asked confusedly. "Uh no? Hear what?" I gulped. "A little buzz coming from.. your closet?" She walked over to my closet and pulled it open. "What the hell?!" She yelled. "What? What is it!" I pretended to be confused. "What the hell is Austin doing in your closet!?" She screamed. "Wait, Austin??" I got up. "Why're you in my closet??" I tried to keep up the lies. "Oh! Guys, I was looking for my hoodie but I can't find it in my closet. I thought maybe it got mixed up with Katelyn's clothes.." he lied. Catherine raised an eyebrow. "Oh..? Okay.." she shaked her head. "Get out of there then." She gave him a hand. He got up. "Yea.. it's not in there." He fake laughed and sped out of the room. Catherine trailed behind him and I followed them downstairs.

*Austin's POV*
*ding* I got a text. I picked up my phone and saw a message from Dashad, my friend.

*Shad*
"Hey man. I need some help unpacking some stuff for my new apartment. Are you or your girl free? Or even Catherine's friend? I could use all the help I can get."

I promised Katelyn we'll have some "us" time.

*Me*
"Sorry bro, Katelyn and I are busy but I can ask Catherine."

*Shad*
"Yeah no problem. Let me know if she can come."

"Bebe, Shad needs extra hands to help him unpack for his new place. I'm busy, but he's wondering if you can help." I told Catherine. "Yeah, tell him to pick me up." She said.

*Me*
"Hey bro, Catherine said she'll be there. Just pick her up."

*Shad*
"👌"

*2 hours later*
*Dashad's POV*
I went to pick Catherine up. I parked outside the house and texted her to come out.

*Me*
"I'm outside."

*Catherine*
"Coming."

She came outside and sat down in the car. Man she's gorgeous. Austin got himself a fine ass woman. "Hey" I greeted her. She nodded and smiled. "Okay lets go." She said. We drove back to my new apartment and got to work right away.

*30 minutes later*
"I'm hungryyy." Catherine groaned. "Let's take a break then. Should we go get Taco Bell?" I offered. "Yesss, Taco Bell sounds great right now. Let's go." We hopped into the car and drove to Taco Bell. We grabbed our food and got back into the car. "I should check on Austin and Katelyn." Catherine pulled her phone out of her purse and rang Austin. He wasn't picking up. "That's weird. He always answers his phone.. maybe he's in the shower." She shrugged. "I should keep trying just in case," She tried calling him again but it went straight to voicemail. "What the.. come on. Austin. Pick up." She tried again and this time he picked up and she put him on speaker so she could set the food down. "Heyy." Catherine spoke. "Yeah?" Austin answered out of breath. "You okay? You sound out of breath." She said and I turned my head to how oblivious she was. I turned the corner with one hand. He's obviously cheating on her.. how could she trust to leave him alone with another girl? Like he ain't gonna cheat. "Uh, no I'm fine. Yesss, just like that." He groaned and she looked at her phone weird. "What do you want Catherine, damn?" Austin groaned again and I shook my head. I'd never talk to the girl I loved like that, and I definitely wouldn't cheat. "Excuse me? We always check up on each other, what's wrong with it today?" She asked as I pulled up to let them talk. "Give it to me, ughh.." I heard Austin groan softly but Catherine had put the phone on the dashboard to pull the food out so she didn't hear. "For fucks sake Catherine. I gotta go, yess.." Austin hung up. I looked over at Catherine. She looked hurt and confused. He's doing her so wrong. And she's so oblivious to it. She has no idea. Austin isn't right for her. I could treat her so much better. She needs a faithful, loyal man like me, not a cheater like him. "Uh, so let's get back." We drove back and started working again after we ate. It was getting late but I didn't want to drop Catherine back home. Not for a while at least. Because I know if I did, she would come out crying after seeing him cheating right in front of her eyes. Catherine yawned. I bit my lip. I was worried. I wanted her to know what kind of a person Austin really was but I also didn't want her getting hurt. "Shad, I'm getting tired. Do you think you could drop me back home?" Catherine asked rubbing her eyes. "Uhhh.. yeah. Sure. We're almost done anyways, let's just finish unpacking these few boxes." I told her. She agreed. I pulled out my phone and texted Austin.

*Me*
"Hey bro, sorry for keeping Catherine so late. So many damn boxes. I'm dropping her back off soon."

I didn't feel right alerting him but I would feel worse seeing Catherine broken.

*Austin*
"It's cool, and that's okay. I don't mind if she stays a bit longer."

Yeah of course you don't you son of a bitch.. because you're getting some right now. That's why.

*Shad*
"Nah we're done anyways. So be there in 10."

*Austin*
"ok"

After finishing unpacking, I dropped Catherine back off. "Hey, thanks for helping out. I appreciate it so much." I pulled her in for a hug. She hugged me back. She didn't break the hug so I had to after a while. "It's no big deal. Thanks for the food, haha." She smiled. I laughed. "Yea, see you." She got out the car and walked into the house. I was praying Austin acknowledged my warning. I waited for a while just in case. After around 5 minutes I assumed all was good so I drove off.

*Catherine's POV*
I opened the door and walked into the house. I plopped onto the couch. I got a text from Shad.

*Dashad*
"Hey. Thanks again. I just really want you to know how much I appreciate your help."

*Me*
"Aw, don't worry about it Shad. Anything for a friend. 🌸 "

*Dashad's POV*
Damn she really just friend zoned me like that. It's cool. I'll be a lot more than that before you know it, Catherine. You know, considering your boyfriend is a lying bitch who's two timing you. You'll see that I'm the one for you any day now. I could treat you like the Queen you are if you would just let me. But you stay falling for the bad boys. Imma leave you on read just for that.

*Catherine's POV*
Katelyn came downstairs wearing Austin's shirt over her underwear. "Katelyn.." I gritted my teeth. "How come you're wearing Austin's shirt?" I tried to keep my cool but I wanted to slap her so badly.