Chapter 8: Asking to the Dance

(A/N: Well, hello my fellow readers and followers. Here is chapter 8 of this story and with that said let the reading begin.)

Ruby P.O.V

"Ruby is in her dorm after her and her team tried getting Blake to slow down on investigating the White Fang working Roman, it failed since they wanted her to go to the dance as she didn't want to cause she continued to investigate and not get any sleep. Ruby is walking down the hallway as she looked down, as she does she bumps into someone as she sees its (Y/N)......................
Ruby: "Oh, hey (Y/N)."
(Y/N): "Hey Ruby. Something wrong?"
Ruby: "Well, it's hard to talk about cause-"
(Y/N): "It's Blake isn't it?"
Ruby: "Yes. She doesn't want to rest, she is till wanting to investigate why the White Fang are working with Roman. She hasn't gotten any rest and only for Weiss to bring up, she hasn't been focusing on her grades."
(Y/N): *sighs* "I'm starting to think that investigation shouldn't have happened."
Ruby: "You're right. But, Blake convinced us since that was on her mind. There's gotta be a way to ask her to slow down."
(Y/N): "There will be a way, I'm sure of it. She just has to realize that it's pointless continuing to investigate on their own."
......................Ruby nods as (Y/N) walked away, then Ruby starts thinking as she blushed and ran after him...................
Ruby: "(Y/N) wait. *he looks at her* I was just wondering something."
(Y/N): "What is it?"
Ruby: *blushes more* "I-I was wondering if y-you would l-l-like to g-go to the-" *struggles to answer*
(Y/N): "To the dance?"
Ruby: *eyes widen as she looks at him* "Uh, yeah. Would you like to go to the dance with me?"
.......................she looks down in nervousness as she waited for his answer, she blushed more as she closed her eyes....................
(Y/N): "Of course I would go to the dance with you."
Ruby: *looks at him surprised* "R-Really? *he nods* Okay, well I'll see you there."
(Y/N): "See ya around."
.......................he walks off as Ruby covers her face as she finally did it, then she walks back as she saw Yang giving her a thumbs up as Ruby rushes at her and started yelling at her for watching her.....................

(Y/N) P.O.V

........................(Y/N) is walking back to his dorm after he got asked out by Ruby, then as he does he sees Jaune walking away with a guitar in his hand as he looks down sad as he walks up to him....................
(Y/N): "Jaune! *he looks at him* You tried asking Weiss to the dance didn't you?"
Jaune: "Yeah, and she said no."
(Y/N): *face palms* "You just don't get it do you?"
Jaune: "What?"
(Y/N): *looks at him* "Go to the dance with Pyrrha dude *his eyes widen* she want to go with you."
Jaune: "Hold on. Why Pyrrha?"
(Y/N): "Isn't it obvious? *he looks at him confused* She has a crush on you dude, why do you think she wants to train with you and hang out with you. She wants you to like her."
Jaune: "I-I never noticed."
(Y/N): "Oh really, you focusing on Weiss didn't make you notice."
Jaune: "Yeah. I guess I owe her an apology."
(Y/N): "Look Jaune. *he looks at him* Give it time before you decide to date her, and you didn't hear it from me. Okay?"
Jaune: *smiles* "Okay, thanks man."
(Y/N): "No problem."
.........................he walks off as (Y/N) smiles, then he continues back to his dorm. He walks in as he rests on his bed, he looks up at the ceiling as he sighs, then he hears the door open as he sees Tiffany with Sierra as they have bags in their hands as its from the clothes store...................
(Y/N): "I'm guessing you just got done clothes shopping?"
Tiffany: "Yeah. It took long since we had to find a dress for Sierra so she can go to the dance, but we found her a good dress. So, what happened to you today?"
(Y/N): "Well, Ruby asked me to the dance today. And I said yes."
Sierra: "Yay, I knew it."
..........................then Cy walks in as he sits on his bed as he is happy himself....................
(Y/N): "It guessing Yang said yes right?"
Cy: "Yep."
(Y/N): "I knew it."
Tiffany: "Didn't you both have a suit picked out?"
(Y/N): "Not yet, but I guess I should right now."

3rd P.O.V

..........................he walks out as he heads to Vale to find a suit for him to wear to the dance, as he does he bumps into someone as he sees its Emerald Sustrai......................
(Y/N): "You just be one of those Haven students."
Emerald: "Yeah. It's nice to meet you, I'm Emerald."
(Y/N): "The names (Y/N), I guess you must be in a hurry?"
Emerald: "Yes, see ya around."
...........................she walks off as (Y/N) does as well, then Emerald enters the dorm she's staying in and she sees Mercury there as well.....................
Mercury: "I see you're finally back."
Emerald: "Mercury, I swear you just need to shut up. Do I need to ask every time?"
Mercury: "Okay. So, did you steal any wallets?"
Emerald: "Oh I did. I stole someone's just a *reaches in her pocket* couple seconds ago and-What the? *feels around her body as she searches her pockets* Where is it?"
Mercury: "Where's what?"
Emerald: "The wallet I stole, I can't find it. *feels something in her pocket, pulls it out to see its a piece of paper* Huh?"
Mercury: "Did you have that in your pocket?"
Emerald: "No, hang on."
...........................she opens it up to see its a note as she opens it up and sees what's written on it as its the words 'Nice try' on it as she knew she was outsmarted and that makes Mercury laugh at her........................
Mercury: "You just got outsmarted."
Emerald: "SHUT UP!"
............................Emerald hits him as he still laughs, (Y/N) walks out of Beacon with his wallet in hand as he smiles and puts it back in his pocket as he walks away."

To be continued...................

(A/N: Well, that's the end of this chapter. If you enjoyed this let me know, and with that said see y'all next time.)