Chapter 1: New House

I can still smell burnt wood and metal

"Do you like our new house?" Mom asks, hoping I'm satisfied.

"Um, no, not really," I replied, putting my head down. 

 "Too bad. This is your house now, so learn to like it." She says as she drags me inside. Mom takes me on a whole tour of the house and shows me to my room. 

"You won't get wifi for another day or so, so you can just set up this room." 

"Okay, mom," I tell her as I head downstairs to get my things. While heading out, I notice one strangely designed, slightly burnt, white door. The door had purple swirls coming from one side, and shifting into black and white zigzags. There was one big red heart, right in the middle that said, Elizabeth & Sam forever. What's strange is that Sam is also my mother's name. I decided to try and open the door since I didn't get a chance to see it. I turned the knob, but I didn't move because it was locked. 

 "Hey, mom? Can I get the key to this door over here?" I ask. Mom comes closer and takes one quick glance. Then says "no" at the speed of light. 

 "You need to go and make your room, not explore the house. Besides, It's almost your first day of seventh grade. You should study." Mom pushes me away and points to the front door. I look back one last time as I see my mom unlocking the door and stepping in. She locked herself in there. I wonder why? I try to pick up my heavy suitcase but can't seem to move it.

"Ugh," I grunt, "Why. Won't. You. Move?!" 

"Need a little help?" A girly voice calls out from a bush. 

"Is someone there?" I walk towards the bush hoping nothing jumps out. "Elizabeth? I-is that you?" 

"Boo!" Someone from behind pushes me into the bush. 

"Hey!"

"Sorry, haha, I just had to." A boy appeared presumably the same age as me. "You thought I was Elizabeth, the girl that went missing?"

"Well, your voice sounded like a girl so I just thought," 

"I sound like a girl? Okay, I'm leaving."

"Wait, can you please help me with my luggage?"

"Will you apologize?" 

"Fine, just help me." I rolled my eyes again as I looked at my grazed arm from falling into the bush.

"I'm Henry by the way. Henry Scott. I live in the house next door." He says as he steps in. "Wow, it really was burnt and rebuilt back into a dollhouse."

"Haven't you ever went inside this place?" I'd think, living next door would let you visit here?

"No, I haven't. My parents told me that this might curse me in a bad way or something. Or Elizabeth might come into our house." He gives a little sigh. "What's that room?" He points to the strange white door.

"Oh, I'm not sure. My mother locked herself in there."

"No, I didn't?" Mom jumps from behind and scares us.

"Ahh," Henry and I yell.

"Sorry, I just had to." She giggles,

"But weren't you just in-"

"And who might this gentleman be?" Mom interrupts me.

"The name's Henry Scott. I live just next door and came to visit."

"Oh, well it was nice seeing you. I think your parents might worry if they see you missing so you might want to head home." Mom slowly pushes Henry towards the door.

"It's fine really, I was just helping...her," Henry says confused. Then I realized that I haven't even told him my name."

"It's Lacey, Lacey Addams." I point out as I run to stop my mom when all of a sudden, a sound appears from somewhere. It sounded like someone was dancing. I could've sworn I heard a girl's voice singing.

"What, what is that?" Henry asks. 

"I think it's coming from behind that white door," I answer, "Let's go see," We both head towards the door but mom stops us.

"You can't go in there." She says.

"Why?" Henry and I ask. The noise gets louder and louder then suddenly...stops.

"What's behind the door mom?"

"Its- "crash"  A noise came from above.

"I think there's something upstairs," I say,

"It could be a someone," Henry says back,

"We won't know unless we go see it ourselves." I take Henry's hand and say, 

"Let's go upstairs,"