Prologue

1987. Not a normal year. A 5-year-old girl lived there with her parents for quite a while until one night. A devastating fire brought down their home and only the little girl survived. She claimed that there's someone else in that house that caused the fire. The girl asserted that her doll caused this fire and killed her parents. She explained that she broke the doll's promise. Because of that, she burned down her home. The firefighters stated that was impossible and so no one believed her and had sent her to therapy hoping that helps soothe her.

Sadly, the therapy was no help and the girl kept claiming the doll incident is real. Since she kept trying to prove that she was right, they got a sketch artist to help them. Their final sketch was a picture of a young girl named Elizabeth. She had been missing since she was around 10. What didn't make sense is why she keeps calling her a doll. They investigated the burnt place after it was safe to come back. Unfortunately, they didn't find anyone there. The girl got taken care of after being sent to her grandparents. After that, no one ever heard from that girl. No one wanted to buy the house after that incident.

People come by and think about buying, now and then. But no one wants to live in a house that caught on fire due to mysteries until now. My mother thought a nice haunted, destroyed looking house would be a perfect fit for the two of us. After my parents divorced, she has been planning to move here ever since. She said that she wanted to be as far as possible from my father. But I don't think moving to the next region was good enough. I love my parents. I'm not sure why they split up, but it's not my business to interfere.

Oh wait, I just realized. If I'm going to be on a 12-hour trip, I might as well introduce myself. 

Hi, I'm Lacey Addams. I'm a 12-year-old girl, headed to grade seven. It's not that overwhelming, though meeting new people is not one of my strengths. I have one best friend. He's been by my side since forever. Although I prefer to be alone, after I move, no one will talk to me knowing that I will be living in that house. I do have to be honest though, I haven't seen the actual house yet. I've just heard stories about it. My mom thinks I need help but I think she does. Since I haven't seen the house, I wonder what it looks like. I stay quiet thinking of what it might be like, eating food and sleeping and soon enough arrive at our house. My mom puts a blindfold on my eyes, taking me to the front porch. She takes my blindfold off exposing me to the outdoor light and I get to have a glimpse of our new house, which I did not expect to look like-

"A DollHouse?" I gaze up and feel that this is going to be even worse than I thought.