Pranky Love 20 - Dominic

Pranky Love 20 – Dominic

Right before I started the ceremony, I faintly heard Libby whispering, ‘I love you.’ I tried to feel our mind-link, but she was gone. I was afraid something happened to her, but I only felt her calmness, so I guessed she was sleeping. I sighed in relief, knowing she was okay – for now.

"Let's start the ceremony," dad whispered softly in my right ear. Nodding, I did exactly what he said.

Checking out the whole attendance, I could see the whole pack was gathering around me, not only them but also all of the rogues, including Jenna's mate.

Jenna was standing beside me. She looked horrible and sad. I told her everything about my suspicion about her mate's involvement, but I also told her there was a chance I was wrong. Her eyes were red, showing me that she'd just cried. I couldn't hug her here, so I just squeezed her left hand softly, giving her some supports. When I looked at her, she smiled weakly at me and mouthed thank you.

My poor little sister, I thought.

We were really a family with a weird mating bond for an Alpha family, because we got a human and a rogue as our mates. What a great combination! Maybe the Moon Goddess had some unknown plans for us. This was so rare in our little werewolf world. I shook the thought away and concentrating on my task.

"Okay! I know we already held a welcoming party for all if the rogues who seek our helps, but as all of you know, we haven't done the accepting ceremony and we decided to do this as soon as possible," I slightly paused and watched the pack's reactions. They murmured to each other, but no one opposed me because they knew this was important.

"Now, please do the formation!" I ordered them in my Alpha tone.

They quickly moved around. We made a circle and I became the center point, surrounding me was my family and the council members. Our pack members stood around ten meters from us (also making a circle), leaving the rogues to stand in the middle.

The rogues were fidgeting, restless. I tried to reassure them and covered our true intent for this ceremony. I had a guess that they didn't really feel familiar with our way.

"Don't worry, this isn't scary," I tried to make a joke and ease the tension. It seemed to work, judging from the chuckling and the rogues who started to relax. "This is just every pack's basic rules in order to officially welcome the newest pack members."

"What should we do?" One of the rogues asked timidly. She was a pretty blonde who was beaten up previously until we couldn't see her face, but she almost healed perfectly.

"We will do all the work. This is just a simple ceremony, but this is also to ensure our pack's safety and your own." I explained the reasons for this ceremony, without telling them openly we felt suspicious of them.

"What do you mean by our safety?" One of the twins asked and I didn’t know whether he was Jenna’s mate or not. Both of them looked incredibly the same!

"We know you have a trouble with your rogue pack previously and this ceremony will help you with that. There was an enchantment that could break the link between you and your previous pack and make a new bond with us," Pausing, then to emphasize again I continued, "This is also to prevent a spy breaking through our pack."

I smiled sweetly at them, while dropping the bomb confidently. I could see one of them started to sweat real badly, and I quickly told my dad through our private mind-link about it. He agreed with me and said that he would handle it.