7

I wake up to my alarm and start getting ready. I take a shower, wash my face, and brush my teeth before putting on my clothes.

I'm not expecting a ride from Ski today so I just walk out the door with Taylor and start walking to school. I start feeling anxiety as I remember Zyaire's finna be there.

I hear loud music blasting out from a car but I don't turn my head cause I know who it is already.

The car stops next to me but I just keep walking.

"Get in the car, you not walking in that school alone, I know he's back and we both know damn well you scared," Ski says.

I keep walking, he's right but I'm stubborn as shit.

"Just get in the car Kyra," Taylor says.

"Kyra on my momma I'll put you in this motherfucking car," Ski says.

I keep walking but I hear the car door open.

I feel myself being picked up and thrown over Ski's shoulder.

I give up and just go limp on his shoulder. He throws me in the car and shuts the door.

Once he gets in the car I just glare at him.

Taylor gets in the front next to Ski. She has a thing for Ski but I always think she'd be better with Craig.

We get to the school and immediately to my dismay Ski puts and arm around me guiding me into the school.

I see eyes on me, people give me sorry smiles and shit cause they know Zyaire's back. I don't need their pity and I sure as hell don't need Ski guiding me like I'm blind.

Ski drops me off at the art room and I happily get out of his arms.

I look up and see my teacher, even she's giving me a sad smile. I won't roll my eyes at her though cause she seems really sweet and she seem like she went through a lot so I got respect for her.

I sit in my chair and put my feet up on the chair next to me. I start scrolling through Instagram and shit until I hear someone clear their throat. I look up and see a bitch, oh sorry, I mean Jahseh.

I move my feet and keep scrolling through my phone, minding my own business, unlike J- lemme stop.

  "Let me explain," I hear.

I pretend as if I heard nothing and keep doing random bullshit on my phone.

  "Kyra," Jahseh says.

I pretend like I hear nothing causing Jahseh to rip my fucking phone out of my hand.

  "What the fuck?" I yell trying to get my shit back.

"Let me explain," he begs.

"Fine, give me your sad excuse of an explanation," I say with attitude.

  "I'm bipolar, I get a lot of mood swings, some are very intense, so intense it's like I'm a different person, that's where X comes in. I'm Jahseh but when I get very mad I become X, the person I am when I'm mad," he says.

I furrow my eyes brows.

"What do you mean 'x is the person I am when I'm mad'?" I laugh.

  "If I get angry enough it's like I'm a different person, I don't think the same," he explains.

"What do you mean you don't think the same?" I ask confused.

"I lose reason, I don't care about anything, I don't think at all, I don't have the same thought process as I usually do, it's like it's not my thoughts, it's like I'm someone else," he says making me understand.