Delinquent

Riley's POV

"Absolutely not, Riley!" Topanga yelled into the phone. "I will not have a teenaged delinquent in my home."

"Mom," I sighed. "I'm probably just as much of a delinquent as she is."

Maya heard this and immediately looked at me. She raised an eyebrow before she smiled and mouthed, "No, you're not."

I smiled and waved her off.

Maya's POV

I heard Riley trying to convince her mom to let me stay with them for a little bit. She said something about not wanting a delinquent in her home, which is honestly a pretty good point.

"Mom, I'm probably just as much of a delinquent as she is," Riley said.

What? "No, you're not," I mouthed to her.

I might've gotten Riley drunk, but she was by no means a delinquent and I couldn't help but almost laugh at her statement.

"She needs somewhere to stay," Riley said. 

"Riley, I don't want my daughter around some troubled and broken girl," Riley's mom said over the phone.

Troubled and broken, the two words that people most often used when describing me. Some would call me a troublemaker or a girl with daddy issues, which they weren't exactly wrong about, but most people came back to troubled and broken and it hurt because they weren't wrong about that either.

Riley moved her phone away from her mouth.

"I'm sorry about that, Maya," she whispered.

"It's alright, I'm used to it," I whispered back to her.

She looked at me with sad eyes before going back to her conversation with her mom.

"Okay, bye, mom," Riley sighed ending the call.

"She said you can stay with us for a little bit," Riley told me.

"Thank you so much," I hugged her.

We took the subway to her apartment and I was still in awe at the differences between her neighborhood and mine. Hers felt so much...safer.

We went through the front door and her parents were standing there waiting for us.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Matthews," I greeted.

"Miss, Hart," Mr. Matthews responded.

"There will be some rules," Mrs. Matthews said. "No drugs or alcohol. If you have any, please hand them to me."

"Mom, she doesn't have any dr–" Riley began, offended.

"Riley," I said quietly to get her to stop what she was about to say.

"What?' she asked.

I reached into the bag I had brought and handed them a small, metallic flask.

..............................................................................................................................

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter! The next chapter will be out soon!