-5-

Courtney closed the door and put her back against it, she took a deep breath and smiled slightly thinking about the day.

She quickly walked upstairs to her room and closed the door, she yawned and got into her pajamas, she got out her phone and saw a text from Bridgette.

Bridgette: hey are you okay?

Courtney: I'm fine, Duncan drove me back home and apologized.

Bridgette: you guys are so into each other, it's cute.

Courtney: no we are not! We're just.. friends.

Bridgette: whatever, well I'll see you at school tomorrow. xoxo

Courtney: yeah see ya. xoxo

Courtney put down her phone and snuggled into her covers, she closed her eyes and sleep consumed her.

————

Courtney parked infront of the school and grabbed her book bag, she stepped out of her car and walked toward their group table.

At the table was Geoff, leShawna, Bridgette and Gwen. Courtney smiled and sat beside Gwen.

"So you and Duncan? You went home with him, eh?" Gwen smirked and playfully elbowed the brunette, Courtney rolled her eyes.

"It's nothing like that, he drove me home and then apologized, nothing more." Courtney said matter-a-factly. Gwen rolled her eyes and smirked.

"It's written all over your face court, you like Duncan." Gwen said knowingly, Courtney was about to yell at her until Duncan slid in the seat beside her.

"Who likes Duncan?" Duncan asked smugly, Gwen smirked as Courtney's cheeks turned a bright red.

"No one does, ogre." Courtney said as she looked away from Duncan, he scoffed. "What happened to last night, how we were both happy, huh?"

"The past is past, get over it." Courtney said defensively, she stood up and walked away. Duncan shrugged and turned to Gwen.

"What's her problem?" Duncan asked as he ruffled his mohawk, Gwen smirked and looked back at Courtney.

"She's into you, and might I add, I ship it." Gwen said as she stood up and walked toward Trent, Gwen kissed Trent's cheek and he smiled.

Duncan had no time to question what just happened as the bell rung, he grabbed his bag and walked toward his first period class.

When he was walking through the hall he saw Courtney, she had her head hanging low, and her hair was covering her face, Duncan raised a brow but mentally kicked himself for caring.

Classes went on like a breeze and soon it was lunch, Duncan walked into the lunch room and went to the vending machine to grab a bag of chips.

He got his chips and walked toward the table, he sat next to Geoff and across form Courtney, who had her nose in a book.

"Whatcha reading Princess?" Duncan asked, Courtney looked up at him and rolled her eyes. She brought her book closer to her face to block him out.

He moved the book away from her face and looked at her concerned. "Hey are you okay? You seem different, and I don't like it."

"Nothing is different about me Duncan, just drop it." Courtney said defensively as she brought the book closer to her face, Duncan snatched the book away from her.

"I know you, somethings wrong and you won't tell me, do you not trust me?" Duncan asked as he held her book, Courtney sighed and rubbed the back of her neck.

"This morning at our table, you know the me liking you thing.. which I don't like you!" Courtney said as her cheeks burned a bright red, Duncan smiled and gave her book back.

"See thats much better, you can trust me." Duncan said as he propped his head on his hand, Courtney smiled.

"Yeah I feel a lot better now." Courtney smiled and they both laughed. They didn't notice everyone looking at them as they talked.

"Yes! My ship is sailing!" Gwen said as she fist pumped Bridgette, everyone looked at her strangely and she shrugged.

"What? Don't judge me." Gwen said and everyone laughed. Lunch went on and soon the final bell rang signaling last period.

Courtney got up and started walking toward her class, Duncan caught up at her and the both smiled at each other as they walked.

They took their seats in class and soon the teacher came in the classroom with a joyful expression plastered on her face.

"Alright class, the whole grade will be going on a field trip to lake wawanakwa, get these permission slips sighed ASAP!" The teacher passed out the papers and Duncan and Courtney shared a look.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Duncan asked and Courtney smirked.

"Hiking!" Courtney said in excitement, "do you mean forest fires?" Duncan asked and Courtney slapped his arm.

"I was just joking Princess, you know I wouldn't do such a thing." Courtney gave him a 'really' look and they both laughed.

Soon the bell rang signaling it was time to leave, Duncan and Courtney walked out together, and said their goodbyes as they walked to their cars.

Courtney drove back home and to her surprise her mother was home! Courtney excitingly got out of her car and ran toward the house.

She opened the door and went into the kitchen where her mother was cooking. They both smiled at one another and hugged.

"Oh dear, how much Ive missed you." Karen, Courtney's mother said as she kissed Courtney's forehead. She smiled and handed Karen her permission slip.

"The whole grade is going to lake wawanakwa, can you sign this, please?" Courtney asked and Karen happily obliged.

"Thank you! I'll start packing." Courtney said as she happily ran upstairs to start packing, she got into her room and grabbed her floral suitcase.

She stuffed the suitcase with all the things she needed and she laid on her bed, thinking about yet another awesome time with her awesome friends, and with Duncan.

She mentally kicked herself for thinking about Duncan in that type of way, but she couldn't help it, he helped her let loose.

She suddenly realized how tired she was and put on her pajamas, she threw herself into her bed, she closed her eyes and sleep consumed her.

————

Okay the next chapters will be duncney galore, so stay tuned for that. Byeeee 💕