-13-

Courtney walked into her house and quickly went upstairs, she avoided her mother's questions and quickly shut her door.

She walked over to her closet, she stepped inside and grabbed Duncans leather jacket.

She smiled and brought it to her nose, it still smelt like him, peppermint and cigarettes. She smiled and shrugged on the jacket.

She felt something in the pocket and pulled it out, her eyes started to water when she figured out it was the skull Duncan carved for her, She flipped it over and smiled.

DxC <3

Her thoughts were interrupted when her door swung open and Scott was standing in the doorway.

He smiled at her and walked toward her, he raised a brow when he saw her wearing a leather jacket.

"Since when did you wear leather jackets?" Scott asked, he looked down at her hand and saw the skull. "What's this?"

He took the skull out of her hand and examined it, he shrugged and handed it to her. "Didn't know you were into punk stuff."

"I'm not, it's just.. important." Courtney said and shoved it back in her pocket, he smiled and spoke. "Ready for the beach?"

"Yeah! Let's go." Courtney said and they walked downstairs, they walked past the kitchen and Karen smiled.

"Where are you two going?" Karen asked, Scott smiled and looked at Courtney. "We're going to the beach ma'am."

"Okay, have fun you two." Karen winked at Courtney, she rolled her eyes and left.

They drove to the beach in a comfortable silence, when they got to their destination. They began walking on the beach.

Scott looked around the beach to see no one was there with them, he then looked at Courtney and smiled.

He watched as the wind danced through her hair, the sunlight shining on her face, she looked up at him and he melted.

"Is something wrong?" Courtney asked, Scott blushed and tucked her hair behind her ear. "No, your just very beautiful, you know that?"

"I've been told that before, by Duncan, i mean- a person." He stopped in his tracks and looked at her strangely.

"Duncan, you mean Duncan Nelson?" Scott asked, Courtney sighed and nodded.

"Me and him were dating for a week, and then I moved. We were both very sad." Courtney said and Scott scoffed.

"Court, Duncan's no good for you. He's a criminal!" Scott said and Courtney's gasped, she poked him in the chest and gave him a death glare.

"How is he a criminal?" Courtney asked, Scott laughed and rolled his eyes.

"He went to juvie. He steals, lies, and cheats! He's not a good guy!" Scott shouted.

"He is a good guy! When you get to know him! He said he loved me." Courtney said and Scott laughed.

"He's lying, he doesn't love you." Scott said bluntly, Courtney gasped and looked at him, shocked.

"How could you say that? He loves me, I don't know why you even care this much." Courtney said and crossed her arms.

"It's because I love you! I've fallen in love with you, look at me." Scott demanded, she slowly looked toward him.