10

PoV: Tails

I woke up to someone humming. Or was it singing?

"Sonic hasn't sung in a long time," I got up and walked down. Sonic was humming and cooking, it wasn't even a Saturday.

"Singin' to myself, singin' for the neigh-bors~

"Holdin' on for what? Holdin' onto paper~

"I was on the left, you were only fadin'~

"I was on my own, staring at the ceil-in'.

"Oh~ Holdin' out~"

  I had forgotten how smooth his voice was when he was singing on his own. That time we sung on stage was nothing compared to when he sang care free. I sat down, not wanting to disturb him. Something made him happy, maybe Silver said something to him.

"Morning Tails~" he sang and cleared his throat, "Morning."

"You noticed me huh?" I ruined his singing ability, great.

"It's hard to miss you when live in the same house," he served me my plate and we ate. Sonic really was the best cook.

"Remember that time Amy made us cook? Everything was fine until we left Knuckles unsupervised," I laughed.

  Sonic laughed before quieting down, "I'm going to be out all day so call me in case Eggman attacks."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just some errands. I'll be back around... let's say eleven tonight," he said, washing the dishes after he ate.

"Out so late, what errands?" I was curious now. Sonic never stayed out late during the week.

"Just some general things. Don't worry about it too much," he fixed the scarf around him neck, "Say hi to everyone for me."

"Okay?" He left me with my plate of partly eaten food, "What is going on?"

---

"He had errands to do?" Amy repeated, "So that's more important than seeing his friends?"

"I'm sure they're important. But I'm not even sure what he's doing," I replied, "he was making breakfast and suddenly took off. He also says hi."

"So, does Sonic disappear often?" Silver asked.

"Not really. He's usually with Tails," Amy explained.

"He's just been busy lately," I explained, "I just hope he's not doing something too crazy."

  He better not come home sore or drunk.

PoV: Sonic

"Sorry if I'm a bit late," Fleetaway Sat down across from me.

"Oh no, it's perfectly. Um, could you tell me why you took me to a coffee shop in the next town?" I asked.

"We'll, you don't want to be caught on camera right?" He waved a waiter over.

"Right, but what's that have to do with this place? The whole world knows me," I looked at the small menu on the table.