👿Agt👿

"Detective, Lauren. Are you okay?" I hissed in pain,

"Yeah, we're ok. Thanks to Lieutenant Pierce. He saved our lives."

"Jerry Blackcrow tried to kill you. I don't believe it." Mom keeps looking at Kaine being taken to the hospital, "Wait, what am I saying? Didn't you say he was an ex-con himself? More proof there's no such thing as transformation."

"Can we talk about this later? We've got to get to the hospital." I stop her and type on my phone,

•Actually, I'm going to go after Jerry Blackcrow.

•••

I found Jerry but dad apparently had the same idea.

"So, this is where the Firehawk path leads. A soggy stash of coke-dusted twenties and a boat ride to Mexico." Dad states as Jerry takes large sums of money from one bag and puts them into another.

"How'd you find me?" Jerry stops briefly.

"My prized pupil mentioned using her dad's beach condo as a stash house. Of course, her partner would know that."

"What do you want Mr. Morningstar?" He goes for his gun.

"To see the look on your face when you finally admit it was all a scam. A ploy to bilk desperate parents into falsely believing that you could fix their malevolent offspring."

"I did a lot of good for those kids," he states

"So I was right about people not changing just wrong about who."

"I warned Emily but she wouldn't listen to reason. It was her own fault."

"What about the Detective?"

"She was just in my way man. I'm not going back to jail." Jerry whips around but Dad whipped right behind him.

"Your punishment is gonna be far worse than jail." Dad starts to beat him.

"Daddy stop! You're gonna kill him."

"So what Butterfly? Once evil, always evil, right?"

"No Daddy you're not evil, not in the slightest. You're not even the Devil you don't punish it either. I am the Giver, your only a Lightbringer, you create things, you don't destroy things. This isn't you, daddy. Grandfather is destroying you and you need to stop letting him win. Because I won't come home to anyone other than Samael Morningstar and I know you want me to come home. That's why you came down here in the first place. So stop." He stops, "Thank you now take him in."

•••

We walk into the penthouse,

"So my guardian Butterfly. Can't believe I'm saying this but I believe this calls for a celebration." He pours himself a drink and hands me a bottle of tequila. I take my chest plate off, "Its lucky you turned up when you did. How did you find me by the way?"

"Oh, all of your suits may or may not have microchips in them."

"Really? Really?"

"Well if you weren't Mr. Walk Outta Hell Without Telling Me I wouldn't have done that. And yes I am lucky I showed up when I did, daddy." he laughs,

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It's just it took you walking away to prove my point to me."

"What's that?"

"That I haven't changed. Wings, no wings, unable to show my devil face. It doesn't matter. I'm exactly who I always was. A punisher. And for reminding me of that, I salute you."