Too Broken

Karan turns to leave.

Preeta: Aap kahi jaa rhe h..

Karan stopped. She wanted to know about him. A small smile carved on his lips.

He turned

Karan : Main kahi nhi jaa rha.. Jab tk tum nhi chahti... Freshen up ho jao.. Aur niche aao.. Hum saath mein breakfast krege...

Preeta(nodding): Jsa aap kahe...

She left for washroom while her words were ringing in his ears. He felt so happy when she stopped him. He couldn't express the feeling in words.

Karan smilingly looked towards the door and left.

He was in kitchen working when she descended downstairs. She was beautiful for him in every attire, in every condition.

Karan: Baitho tum.. Main abhi aa rha hu...

Preeta picked up a bowl to help him but mistakenly, it fell and broke. He turned.

He looked at the floor to see glass shattered. Preeta started panicking. Now, she will be punished. She made a mistake. She closed her eyes in fear.

Karan (concerned) : Tum thik ho.. Tumhe lagi toh nhi na..

Preeta: I am sorry..Main abhi utha deti hu... Maine sach mein jaan bujh kar nhi kiya...

Karan: Wait... Tum vahi roko.. Tumhe lag jayegi...

Saying this, he bent down and collected the glass pieces from floor.

She sat down on the chair. He passed her a coffee.

Karan: Ye lo..Tumhare liye...

Preeta saw the coffee. It was boiling hot. It would definitely burn her mouth. May be it was the punishment for breaking the bowl.

She picked it up and was about to drink.

Karan(taking the cup) : Hey.. Garam h.. Dhyan se..

Preeta (confused) : Mujhe lga aap chahte h kii main yeh pio...

Karan(blowing on the cup) : Thanda hone do thoda.. Itna garam nhi pee skti tum..

Preeta : Whatever u wish...

Karan(keeping the cup) : No, its whatever u wish...Tumhari marzi..

He passed her the cup.

Preeta(slowly sipping it) : Thank u...

Karan smiled. She felt happy unconsciously.

Karan: Ab batao.. Tumhe kya krna h.. Apna ghar dekhna h.. Bahar ghumna h...

Preeta: Mera ghar...

Karan:Ha..yeh ghar bhi tumhara h.. Main bhi tumhara hu..Aur tumhe yaha kuch nhi hoga.. Darro mt.. I just want u to be happy...

She was confused. He wasn't prithvi. Not everyone is the same. He is treating her like a touch would break her, so gentle while Prithvi treated her like a lifeless object but she couldn't trust him. She cannot repeat the same mistake..

Preeta: Mujhe.. Ghar dekhna h...

Karan: Aao...

He signed her to come. He started showing her his house. It was merely a house. Her steps made it home. She is his home. The place where he knew he is happy.

Karan(pointing towards room) : Yeh hmara bedroom h... Yeh kitchen.. Hall.. TV room mein bhi h.. Hall mein bhi...

She was looking for something. Karan saw her confused.

Karan: Tum kuch dhund rhi ho..

Preeta: Nhi.. Vo.. Kuch nhi...

She moved in front. Karan smiled seeing her exploring.

Karan(calling William) : William I want it back...

William(shocked) : Yeh tu bol rha h..

Karan: Ha..

Preeta came out of the room and saw him talking on phone.

Karan cut the call.

Karan: Tumhe kuch chahiye...

Preeta: Kya main aapse kuch puch skti hu...

Karan: Ha.. Bilkul... Tumhara pura haq h mujh par... Tum kuch bhi keh skti ho mujhe.. Bolo...

Preeta: Aap karte kya h...

This time, she has hit a wrong nerve. He wasn't sure if he will ever be able to tell her what exactly he does.

Karan(gulping): Concerts krta hu...

Preeta: Okay.. Vo maine guitar dekha toh pucha.. Agar aapko bura lga ho toh maaf krdijiyega...

Karan: Tum mujhe aap kyun bola rhi ho... Tum bulao.. We are on the same level.. Hum husband wife h...

Preeta : Jsa aap kahe.. Mera mtlb h jsa tum kaho...

Karan: Aur kuch...

Preeta : Nhi..

The day went with Preeta trying to settle in the house while Karan was trying to get her comfortable around him.

Preeta was lying on bed clutching the bed sheets tightly in her hands.

Karan entered and sighed seeing her.

He pulled the duvet away from her. She was shocked and scared.

Karan covered her properly.

Karan : Don't worry...Main hu.. Kuch nhi hone dunga...

Preeta smiled.

Karan smiled seeing her.

He laid on his side turning away from her.

Preeta (in mind) : Yeh toh bahut ache h... Kuch bhi nhi kr rhe.. Mera itna khyal rkhte h... Nhi preeta... Koi acha nhi hota... Yeh sb ek dikhava h... Jald hi yeh bhi vse hi hojayenge...

She looked at him.

Preeta(in mind) : Pta nhi... Mann kyun nhi maan rha kii yeh bhi Prithvi ki tarah mujhe chot pahuchaege...

She took a deep breath and held his hand.

Karan turned towards her shockingly.

Preeta: Main aapka haath pakad skti hu na.. Mujhe andhere se darr lgta h...

Karan: Mujhe pta h preeta.. Aur tum mera haath pakad skti ho.. Tumhe puchne ki koi zarurat nhi h.. Main tumhara hi hu...

He switched on the moonlight. The lights of room were dim yet sufficient enough not to make her scared.

Karan: Mujhe lga lights tumne khud off kii h...

Preeta: Aap kal lights band krke soye the na...

Karan: Toh.. Agar tumhe darr lgta h.. Toh on krlo.. Mujhe khushi hi hogi agar tum iss ghar pr iss kamre pr apna haq smjhogi...

Preeta smiled and closed her eyes.

Karan looked at her hand which was holding his. He smiled.

Karan smilingly closed his eyes. Both slept.

Precap

Preeta trying to know Karan

*******

Do leave reviews 😊❤️