Leaving

Preeran reached home. There was a sense of confusion between them after Karan expressed his wish.

Preeta: Main paani lekar aati hu...

Karan just nodded. Both ate dinner and went to sleep facing away from each other.

Karan was missing her hand entangled with his every night. Preeta was thinking the same but none of them wanted to face each other.

Next morning,

Preeta woke up first. She turned to his side and found him still sleeping.

She looked at his face.

Preeta(in mind) : Nhi preeta... Tujhe khud ko smjhana hoga.. Yeh prithvi nhi h... Par... Agar yeh bhi....

She looked at his hand. The grip she missed the entire night.

She just kept her hand on his and closed her eyes. She stood up and went to freshen up.

Karan slowly opened his eyes and panicked seeing her not besides him but calmed down after listening the voice of shower.

He looked at his hand and kept it on his heart.

He got a phonecall.

Person: Hello Karan...

Karan(angry) : Kyun phone kiya h aapne mujhe...

Person : Tumse milna chahta hu...

Karan(angry) : Naukar nhi hu aap ka.. Jo aap bulayege aur main aajaunga.. Mujhe na aap se baat krne mein koi interest h na aap se milne mein..

Person: Tum kya chahte ho.. Main vaha aau...

Karan(angry) : Mere ghar ya preeta ke aas paas bhi dikhe na... Jitni bachi kuchi umar h na.. Vo bhi gawa baithege aap...

Person: Tum aa rhe ho ya main aau...

Karan(thinking about her) : Nhi main aa rha hu...

Person smiled and cut the call.

Karan(in mind) : Main preeta ko yaha akele chod ke kaise jao... Vo kuch bhi kr skte h... Use nuksaan pahuchane ke lie.. Par mujhe jaana hoga.. Vrna...

He decided to tell Preeta that he has to leave due to some urgent work.

He was waiting for her. She came out drying her hair with a towel.

Karan was mesmerised seeing her that he didn't notice when she left.

He followed her to the kitchen gathering courage to tell her.

Preeta (putting water to boil) : Aap ko kuch chahiye..

Karan: Vo.. Main keh rha tha kii...

Preeta(picking up the bowl) : Boliye...

Karan: Main kuch dino ke liye bahar jaa rha hu..

The bowl slipped from her hand and boiling water fell on her hand.

Preeta(shrieking in pain) : Ah...

Karan(concerned) : Yeh kya kiya tumne...

Preeta was crying.

Karan(taking her hand): Kitna jal gaya h.. Dekh kr kiya kro.. Aur kr hi kyu rhi thi.. Main hu.. Maria h.. Dard ho rha hoga itna...

He went and brought ointment.

Karan: Thoda jalega... Haa..

He applied ointment. She shrieked in pain. Karan started blowing on the wound and bandaged it carefully. His tear fell on her hand.

She looked up to see him in tears.

Preeta: Aap kyun ro rhe h...

Karan(wiping his tears) : Yeh sb chodo.. Jyada toh nhi lgi na.. Tum kaho toh doctor...

Preeta: Nhi... Thik h... Bandage hogyi na...

Karan left her hand.

Karan: Dhyan se kiya kro please..

Preeta(gulping) : Aap kya kh rhe the.. Aapko jaana...

Karan: Ha.. Vo ek do dino ke liye ek imp meeting ki wajah se bahar jaana pd rha h... Tum pareshan mt hou.. Jld hi vaapis aa jaunga...

Preeta(sad) : Okay...

Karan: Tum jab chaho mujhe call kr skti ho... Ghar ki keys tumhare paas h hi... Aur bodyguards bahar duty pr...

Preeta: Okay...

Karan turned.

Karan: Main pack kr leta hu...

Preeta: Aap rukiye.. Main madad kra deti hu...

Karan: Tumhare haath pr lgi h... Aaram karo... Aur khabardar agar chot ke saath kaam kiya..

Preeta : Thik h...

He went to the room. Preeta was sad about him leaving and confused why was he not taking her with him? After marriage, he had asked her to accompany him wherever he went. Why not this time?

She went to the room. He was ready to leave. She didn't want him to go especially at the moment, she needs him the most. She wanted him to prove her wrong, prove her that she can trust him.

Preeta: Aap tayaar hogye...

Karan:Ha.. Jald hi kaam khatam kr ke aa jaunga... Chinta mt krna...

Karan smiled at her.

Karan: I will miss u...

He moved towards the gate.

Preeta: Karan...

Karan stopped.

Karan: Ha bolo...

Preeta (in tears) : Can I hug you?

Karan was stunned and happy. He turned around, dropped his bag and opened his arms for her.

She ran and hugged him. Karan was in tears. He wished if he could press the pause button of time so that she stays in his embrace forever.

Karan(in tears) : Tum..

He wanted to say something but his happiness took away his words.

Preeta: I will miss u...

Karan(in tears) : Tumhe puchne ki zarurat nhi h preeta... Main hamesha yahi rhunga... Kabhi bhi ek awaaz dogi toh aa jaoga... Tumhe mere paas aane ke liye kisi shak, sawal ya permission ki zarurat nhi h... Smjh rhi ho na tum...

Preeta: I will miss u....

Karan: U don't want me to leave...

Preeta broke the hug and looked at him in tears.

Preeta : Nhi..Aap jaa skte h.. Aap ko zruri kaam hoga...Main toh bas...

She wiped her tears.

Karan: Tum ne kuch galat nhi kiya h mujhe hug krke... Tumhara haq h yeh... Aur haa... Kabhi bhi kuch bhi ho...toh yaad rkhna.. Chahe main dikhu ya nhi... Main hu... Hmesha tumhare saath...

Preeta nodded.

Karan picked up his bag and left.

Precap

Dark secrets

*******

Do leave reviews😊💙❤️