Chapter Nineteen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Week Later

Jax shut his bike down and got off with the others before walking toward the clubhouse. They'd finally finished their business in Indian Hills and he was exhausted. All he wanted to do was head to the house and sleep but he knew that he needed to get the boys from his mom and get them settled first. He sighed when he thought that Maddox was just going to have to wait another day before he could go see her.

He frowned when he walked into the clubhouse and saw no sign of his mother or his children before he realized that it was after midnight and she probably had them in bed already. Donna grinned at him as he stopped beside her, noticing that Kenny and Ellie were both passed out on the couch.

"Do you know if mom has the boys at her place or is she at mine?"

Opie chuckled as Donna shook her head. "Neither. Your mom and Clay are in Tahoe for a few days. The boys are at your place with Maddox. She was going to be here but she didn't think the boys should be out that late. She's done really well with them this past week."

Jax stared at her for a moment before looking at his best friend. "Wait. Mom made Maddox watch the kids this whole time?"

Opie shook his head. "Nah, she didn't make her, man. She asked her and Mad said yes. None of us said anything because we didn't want you to be pissed off." Jax shook his head as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, prepared to give his mom a piece of his mind. Opie must have read his mind because he shook his head and leaned in closer to Jax. "Look at it this way, man. Your old lady has your mom's approval and is probably sleeping in your bed right now. I wouldn't rock that particular boat if I were you. You should go home and enjoy it."

As Opie's words sunk into his sleep-deprived mind, Jax started to grin, then chuckled as he nodded. "Nobody call me for twenty-four. I'm unavailable."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five minutes later, Jax let himself into a silent house, grinning when he saw that all of the toys were picked up and put in their bins. He walked down the hall to the boys' room, walking in to kiss both of them lightly before heading to his own bedroom. He shut the door quietly and stood taking in the view for a moment before shrugging out of his kutte and laying it across the chair in the corner.

He let out a slow breath as he studied the sleeping woman in his bed. He hadn't been sure how he would feel when he actually saw her there, didn't know if it would be awkward because of Tara, but as he looked at her, he couldn't help but grin and feel a sense of peace. He walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower before sliding into bed and sighing.

He felt the bed move as Maddox turned over to face him, rubbing her eyes. "Jax? I didn't know if it was you or Abel."

He grinned as he slid closer to her under the covers and pulled her into his arms. "It's me. We just got in. I didn't want to wake you."

Maddox nodded around a yawn as she let her head lay on his chest. "It's okay. You must be exhausted."

Jax gave a tired chuckle. "Yeah, you could say that."

Maddox nodded before kissing him on his chest above his tattoo for Abel. "Okay. We can talk in the morning. Night, love you."

Jax stared down at the woman who already had her eyes closed again and grinned before kissing her on the head. "Night, baby. I love you too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Jax woke to find himself the only occupant of the bed. With a frown, he pulled on a pair of sweatpants and walked through the house, finally finding Maddox in the kitchen making breakfast. He grinned as he watched her from the doorway, oblivious to the fact that she was no longer alone. She was flipping pancakes and shaking her ass to some song on the radio, dressed in a pair of booty shorts and a tank top.

"I think I should have the right to wake up to this every morning."

Maddox squealed and clutched her chest, making him chuckle at the look of embarrassed surprise on her face. "Jax! I thought you were still asleep."

He nodded as he stepped closer. "Obviously. The boys aren't up yet?"

Maddox nodded, grinning as he pulled her in for a hug. "Yep. Opie came by about ten minutes ago and took them with him. Something about fishing and a boy's day. I don't know."

Jax laughed as he nuzzled his face into her neck. "Look at that. I already got the girl but he's still working as my wingman. That's a best friend, right there."

Maddox snorted as he kissed her on the neck. "You think you have the girl, huh?"

Jax lifted his head and nodded, a serious look on his face. "Yup. You slept with me last night. That makes it official." He smirked as he bit his lip and looked at her. "As a matter of fact, I'm taking it so seriously that I think your hot little ass needs to get back in my bed."

Maddox shook her head as she pointed to the stove. "I'm making breakfast."

Jax grinned as he sat the plate of pancakes on top of the bowl of batter and walked them to the fridge before turning the stove off. He picked her up bridal style, laughing as she gave a loud yelp. He strode out of the kitchen and down the hall as she decided to take advantage of her position and nibble on his neck. He groaned as he tightened his grip. "We can have them for lunch. Maybe dinner."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of Jax and Maddox. I hope you all enjoyed it!

Missy