E L E V E N

Anna Banana Says: Do you. Whether you vote or comment, just do you. NOT all of us want to comment. Jokes but seriously, please do xx.

The next morning, Ryan bursts into the room with a dark brown Labrador retriever on the leash.

"Ryan, where the fuck did you get my keys." Tony stands up and walks towards Ryan trying to snatch the key away back from him.

Ryan looks over at me then at his naked brother and with a huge smirk says "you welcome, bro".

The dog gets off Ryan's grip while he's trying to get away from Tony who's trying to get his key back.

He jumps onto the bed and I sit up. I pet him and tickle his tummy cooing at him. I'm reminded of Stardust who I got for my 15thbirthday after begging for a dog since I could. He licks my face while I rub his ears.

"Willy! Boy!" Ryan calls followed by a loud whistle. Willy runs off to Ryan and Tony pushes them out.

I cover my face after seeing his member flopping everywhere for a second that felt really slow.

I rollover and switch the radio on, hoping to hear my mom's voice again. Ever since I did, I've had the radio by my side.

Tony gets back into bed and I instinctively turn away from him.

"Maddie, I don't expect you to understand but I can't..." he trails off and sighs frustratedly.

"Could you please turn around and look at me?" I ignore him and pull the covers up to my jaw.

"Fine..." he says his frustration evident. "I can't let you go, Madison. You know this. Your dad's a cop. I can't go back to jail- it's fucking hell in there." He says and roll over to his side hovering over me.

"And-And... well I've grown used to having you here." He says honestly. "now I can't picture my life before." He says close to my ear.

"You ripped me away from my family, Tony. My whole life. You and your family. I don't know what you want me to say." I reply coldly. His statement stirs something in me but I can't forget that I'm here involuntarily.

He slams himself back onto his spot and the bed shakes violently. We sit in silence.

"I like baking." I say without looking at me. "I want to make apple cinnamon rolls, they always make me feel better." I say, now looking over my shoulder.

"Okay." He says nodding and grabbing his jeans from the chair.

"write me a list." He says handing me a pen and a paper.

I write him a long list of even things not related to the baking like "box of tissues".

He shoves the list in his back pocket, crouches down in front of me and look me in the eyes with his hands on the side of my face. He kisses my forehead and leaves saying "I'll be quick".

When he comes back, I'm dressed and ready to go. I found a hair style and put my curls in a knot on top of my head to avoid getting anything on it.

He leads me up, holding my hand unnecessarily.

Louisa hugs me exclaiming "did this jumbo just want you all to himself?" she asks with a large smile, smacking him on the chest. I nod with a tight-lipped smile.

"I hope you don't mind; I'll be in your kitchen." I say to her.

"Oh dear, of course not." She links our arms and tells me where everything is. Tony just sits in the bar stool by the counter, silently watching us. I can feel his stare following my every move.

Soon Louisa leaves to go water her roses and I'm left with Tony. I preheat the oven and after having to finally ask for Tony's help, find the apron.

I'm about to put the cinnamon rolls in the oven when I hear Ryan come into the kitchen. I hear him coming down stairs singing, listening to music on airpods. My eyes widen. I haven't seen a phone since I got here, I looked everywhere in Tony's room. Now how am I going to get it from him. I put the rolls in, carrying on normally.

"I want half the cut I gave you back." Ryan says pushing Tony lightly. Tony chuckles but doesn't say anything.

I take out the juice from my fridge and pour myself some.

"Can I have some?" Tony asks.

"Me too." Ryan chirps in, holding a finger up.

I nod and take out 2 glasses placing them in front of them. The juice isn't enough to fill both their cups so I balance it out- professionally. Making sure they're the same amount by looking closely. I stand up to my full height, proud that they look pretty much the same amount and both of them ae giving me questioning looks.

I push the glasses towards them saying "you're welcome." Before turning away and returning to packing up the ingredients I was used.

Finally, the oven timer pings. For the last, I don't know how long, I've been sitting cross legged in front of the oven looking at them rise. I loved doing this at my Nana's house. She liked anything with apple and cinnamon together.

I the tray out with oven mitts and almost start breakdancing when I realize how perfect they are. I squeal, not caring that Tony is in front of me. He was like background music to me now. The cream cheese frosting I had had to hide from him finally gets to come out and he's already standing next to me waiting to dip his fingers into it.

I give him a warning look and he laughs and asks "what? I didn't do anything." With his hands up in front of him.

I blow at them to cool faster and when they're finally cool enough, I spread the cream cheese frosting. I'm salivating at the sight, ready to bite into one. When I do, it's better than I expected and my spirits are lifted. I even do a little dance because they're that good.

I may not know how to cook... at all. But baking is my turf. I think to myself, biting into the soft sweetness again.

Everyone loved them which made me feel good. That felt like the only good thing I've done since I got here. The only thing that made me genuinely happy. Aside from Willy.

"Can I see Willy tomorrow?" I turn to look at Tony who has his eyes closed but nods.

"Yeah, guess so." He says without opening his eyes. I nod too.

He pulls me into him and puts his head close to mine, looking at our reflection in the mirror. A few seconds later, he's off the bed and coming to my side to turn up the radio's volume that's playing saving all my love for youby Whitney Houston.

He offers me his hand. "Dance with me. This one is my favourite." He says.

I shake my head "no".

"Come on. It's not natural woman but it's Whitney." I take his hand and get up. His t-shirt that's now my t-shirt- I've got 2 coffee stains to prove it's mine now- ends a few inches about my knees. Which isn't bad considering it's supposed to be a t-shirt.

He pulls me in closer to him and I wrap my arms around his neck standing on my tip toes.

"This isn't going to work." I say as I just wrap them around his waist instead. We sway with my head on his chest and his chin on top of my head.

"Turn around. I can't see you."

I look up at him and he turns me around. Now we're both looking at ourselves in the mirror. My dark eyebags and sickly complexion makes me look at him instead of myself in the mirror. We look at each other, swaying slowly to the song. His arms are around me and my hands are on his arms. The song comes to an end and we pull apart then stand at an awkward distance from each other.

"Soul music." I say with an awkward laugh.

He smiles and says "Can I kiss you?"

I nod yes and he closes the distance between us. Pulling me in with the most intense kiss we've ever shared.

Anna Banana Says: Vote, comment and share please.