CHAPTER FOUR

Aniya cared for her friends dearly, and she was happy they were happy

Aniya cared for her friends dearly, and she was happy they were happy. She was so damn selfless and Emily could see that, and she really felt so much sorrow for her.

After meeting at Sully's, she had somehow gotten Aniya to exchange contact information. It was one of the things she hadn't told Sam since she knew how her fiancé told Jacob to stay away from the girl.

Since according to Sam, Aniya was one of the main reducers to Jacob's anger, and the last they needed was him possibly shifting in front of someone they had no connection to. To Sam's eyes, she was only important as a residence of the town, which was a part of their duties as the protectors.

Other than that Aniya was nothing more, she was not an imprint and that meant she was just one of the other common locals. So obviously, with that declaration he had, he did not bother to give her the time and day.

Emily had loved the pack and her fiancé dearly, but sometimes she just needed something away from them, and she was lucky to have met someone like Aniya. Even if she knew something deep down, that she is in fact connected to the tribe, she didn't care about that and genuinely wanted to befriend Aniya.

The age difference was the least of her worries because she just felt comfortable with her. As they hung out often meeting at Sully's, the pair of them had really gotten really close. Sam had noticed how happier she seemed, and he didn't pry asking on what it was until one of the boys had told him why.

Quil was just sweet and he had no idea that him saying anything was going to make it difficult. Emily understood that, and she had no anger for the younger male-she knew he meant no harm.

The pack had rarely ever seen an angry Emily, and it was not any better than her anger was towards Sam.

Sure, he was just being overprotective to her but it was crossing the line when he told her, that she shouldn't communicate with her anymore. So-the night was suffocating for the pack as they could hear their alpha's thoughts when Emily had made him sleep on the couch.

He was feeling guilty but also anger, not towards her or Aniya, but at himself. When he saw how her face fell and the entire sight of it broke his heart, realizing it only now. Emily was so happy-happier than she can ever be, not only having a friend but also officially getting along with Leah.

Leah had also shown her anger towards the Alpha, about how Emily needed time away from all of them sometimes, and Sam was just taking that away from her. He never expected the day his ex-fiancé would stand up for the girl she had spent a long time not being near.

"You have no idea how suffocating it can be for imprints sometimes Sam" Leah snarled as she gripped her hands," Emily does so much for the pack, she cooks, she cleans, she takes care of our wounds when my mother can't. She needs her own space away from it all, and you took that from her" Sam had felt those words flood his head as he laid on the couch, which he had been to sleep in.

Leah was right, and Sam had to respect it.