Chapter 5 : Sweet Kicks

At a fashion show, Lucifer and Maze are in the audience appreciating the shoes.

A model waves a sword in Lucifer's direction, and Maze insists that since he
was shot, he can't have any sharp objects near him.

Lucifer disagrees, intrigued by the notion of mortality, and goes back stage off the model past the designer,
Benny Choi.

Meanwhile, Lucifer uses his power on the model and she says her deepest desire is a cheeseburger.

A shot rings out and people scream and run.

Lucifer ignores the commotion and goes back to the model, but Maze finds him and says that they have to leave.

They head out and Lucifer comes to a dead model, Paola Cortez, and figures that he's found his danger.

The next day, Chloe is talking to Paola's mother.

She assures them that she'll find their daughter's killer, Dan comes over and tells Chloe that Gang Unit is working with Homicide, and Benny won't talk.

As they go to meet with Benny, Dan tells Chloe that it might get bloody and
complains that she keeps ending up in shootouts with Lucifer.

Chloe assures her ex that Lucifer is out of her life, just as they realize that Lucifer is at Chloe's desk flirting with an officer.

When Chloe goes over, Lucifer says that he's there to talk to her boss Olivia about the shooting.

He lets Chloe think that he's talking about when he shot her and goes into Olivia's office.

In the lieutenant's office, Lucifer tells Oliva that he was at the show and wants to explore his mortality by investigating the death.

Olivia warns that they don't explore mortality there, and Lucifer uses his power to admit that she wants a big close to become chief of police.

She says that she'll never be appointed without the support of the minority communities, and Lucifer offers her the support she needs if she lets him investigate cases.

They then go to Chloe and Olivia explains that Lucifer will make Benny talk.

Lucifer tells Chloe how he persuaded Olivia to let him help, She refuses to give him a gun or let him drive, and admits that for moment she actually believed he might be the Devil.

As they get in the elevator, Chloe slaps Lucifer so he can experience new sensations.

She says that she's
taking him home and Lucifer says that they'll be right on time.

Benny is waiting at Lucifer's apartment with his assistant Hector, an ex-Marine, and his pet
pig Pig Diddy.

Lucifer tells Chloe that he helped get Benny started.

Benny says that he has no
idea who would take a shot at him, but he wouldn't say even if he knew.

Lucifer calls in his favor to force Benny to talk, and Benny says that Hector clashed with some Latin Kings gangers.