Chapter 10 : Pops

Lucifer flirts with a clerk at a market, but she ruins his mood when she says, "Oh,
God."

Chloe gets Lucifer's attention and reminds him that they're working a case.

Their victim is a 60-year-old male who collapsed in broad daylight.

It looks like he was poisoned, and Lucifer says that it is Chef Javier Aries.

He's upset that the man who made the most exquisite Mexican cuisine he's ever had is dead.

The store staff have confirmed that Javier
came there every morning after having breakfast at his morning, and the ME has confirmed that Javier was poisoned 90 minutes before he fell.

Javier had a temper and Chloe figures that all of the staff are suspects and heads to the restaurant to interview them.

At the Aries restaurant, the uni assembles the staff.

One waitress is surprised that they think one of them killed "Pops," and the woman explains that they were like a family.

Lucifer is intrigued that they all saw Javier as a father figure, and tells Chloe that it's a case of patricide.

Chloe figures that Lucifer is mad at God, and tells him not to project onto the case.

Lucifer insists that he understands what it's like to escape the clutches of a difficult father.

The uni comes in and tells Chloe that her sister is there to see her.

Chloe's mother Penelope comes in, and Chloe
explains that Penelope is her mother.

Lucifer recognizes Penelope as the Vampire Queen from
her movies.

Penelope is flattered and Chloe wonders why she was there.

Her mother points out that Chloe wasn't answering her phone so she got her location from the department.

She knows Javier's cooking and wants to talk the case.

Chloe wants her out, and Penelope suggests that
they have a family dinner.

She invites Lucifer, who immediately agrees before Chloe can object.

Once Penelope leaves, Chloe focuses on the case and tells Lucifer that they have to check anyone
who might have dealt with Javier's food.

Chloe and Lucifer interview the restaurant shaft and the staff admit that Pops worked them to the bone and had a nasty temper.

However, they all insist that Javier was like a father to them.

His son Javier Junior finally
talks with them and explains that he hasn't worked there for a while.

He came to the restaurant
when he heard about his father's death. Javier Jr. admits that he and his father had a strained
relationship, and Lucifer is intrigued.

He figures that Junior tried to come up to Javier's standards but realized that he couldn't, so he rejected everything that his father stood for.