Chapter 8 : Et Tu, Doctor?

At Lux, Lucifer walks through his club
as they celebrate his "birthday," and
tells Maze that he feels reborn now that
he's destroyed his wings.

Chloe comes in and Maze points out to Lucifer that she brought a date: Dan.

They come over and
offer Lucifer a present: whiskey with a pickle juice chaser.

They share a toast
to Lucifer's birthday, and Chloe says that they're just stopping by before a department meeting.

She gives Lucifer a hug
and Dan quickly escorts her out, as a shocked Lucifer stares after her.

At the Paddock, Chloe and Dan arrive for Malcolm's welcome-back party.

Anthony brings Malcolm over and says that they need to talk.

He asks if she's back with Dan, and then admits that he's just giving Chloe a hard time.

Malcolm gets up and Anthony jokingly says that Heaven didn't want him and Hell couldn't keep
him.

His partner looks at Chloe and says that Anthony has no idea.

In therapy, Lucifer nervously apologizes to Linda for losing his temper the last time he was
there.

She wonders why Lucifer thought he'd be mad, and points out the hole in the wall.

The therapist says that there last session was a breakthrough because he's finally getting in touch
with his emotions.

Lucifer says that he'd rather have his barriers back, and complains that
emotions are inconvenient.

Linda asks what's bothering him at the moment, and Lucifer admits that he's uncomfortable when he sees Chloe with Dan.

The therapist tells Lucifer that he's jealous.

Lucifer insists that the Devil doesn't get jealous,
and suggests that Linda fix Chloe by healing her fixation on Dan.

Linda warns that they deal with Lucifer's issues, not someone else's.

Later, Lucifer gets called to the office of a therapist, Dr. Bernie Shaw.

Chloe explains that he
was killed the night before and apparently knew the victim.

Lucifer suggests that Chloe might see a therapist, but she tells him to focus on the case.

Shaw's website shows that he encouraged
couples to cheat on each other to save their marriages,, and Lucifer doesn't see the problem.

They talk to Shaw's wife, Alexandra, who was out of town and just returned.

Jonathan Medina, Shaw's
comrade, is with Alexandra.

Alexandra insists that her husband just wanted to help people, and
Chloe assures her that they'll find the murderer.

Outside, Chloe tells Lucifer that all of Shaw's
patients are suspects, but they can't look at the therapist's files without a psychologist to protect doctor/patient confidentiality.