Chapter 6

Jane really didn't want to be here. She hated parties with a passion. The thought of hot and sweaty bodies under a small roof with alcohol running through their veins was something that made her cringe. Yet here she was, at JooE's house, the other side of that door she can hear the voices of many and the vibrating of music. She takes a deep breath in and opens the door, she was greeted by JooE who happened to be near the door with Hyebin and Daisy.

"Unnie! You made it!" JooE said jumping in the other girl's arms. "I thought you weren't going to come, I know how much you don't like parties."

"Well-"

"I happen to convince her, you're welcome." Jane smiles as Nayun walks up to her. "You look great unnie." Jane was in a black sleeveless iron man top, dark blue jean, and had olive green converses on her feet.

"T-Thanks." Jane blushes at the compliment.

"We'll be back, we're going to get a beer." The other girls nodded as Nayun takes her hand into the kitchen to get something to drink. "You know Nancy's here right?"

"Yeah, but I'm sure she's with Yeonwoo unnie."

"You know she misses you right?"

"She's spending all her time with Yeonwoo unnie, I doubt she remembers I exist." Jane said in an annoyed tone.

"Unnie..." Nayun said sadly. "JooE and Ahin told me Nancy cried herself to sleep for a week... You don't call her anymore." Jane's face dropped.

"W-What?"

"Hi Jane unnie! JooE told me you were here but I didn't want to believe it." Ahin said hugging the girl. Jane gives her a small smile before she pulls away. "Let's go to the other girls." Jane couldn't answer since the younger girl dragged her towards the party.

          Jane sits on the stairs of the backyard, there were a couple of people outside, but not much. She cradles the beer in her hand, she feels the world weighting down on her shoulders. She missed Nancy, she missed talking to the younger girl. She missed hearing her infectious laugh, her voice, she missed her hugs, her smiles, her scent, she missed everything about the maknae. She feels horrible for not picking up Nancy's calls or seeing her, she just didn't know how to talk to her. Her feelings for Nancy got in the way of their friendship, she felt herself become distant after Nancy told her she had kissed Yeonwoo. She felt betrayed, her heart broke that day and she thought the best thing she can do was ice out Nancy for a bit. It was her heart telling her to forget her for a bit, the crush will go away, and when that's all done with, she could happily go back to being Nancy's best friend.

"I'm an idiot." Jane said hitting herself on her forehead.

"I don't think you are." Jane stopped, she knew that voice. It was the voice she has been craving but scared to hear.

"Nancy..." Jane watches as Nancy sits down next to her and tucked her arms around her legs as she watches straight ahead. Nancy was dressed in a black sweater, dark jeans, and white converse on her feet.

"We're matching." Nancy observed before taking a swing of her beer. Jane doesn't know what to say. "Even if we haven't seen or heard from each other for a while, we still manage to think the same."

"Nancy..."

"When did you stop loving me?"

"What?"

"You stopped talking to me, you stopped seeing me. Do you hate me?"

"I could never hate you."

"What did I do? What can I do? Can you tell me? I don't know what to do without you." Nancy starts to cry.