Chapter 9

Nancy was the first person to ever show her kindness. She had just moved from a place she knew her whole life to a new area all because her mother had a bigger job at a higher position. She still remembers her first day as if it was yesterday.

"Are you Lee DaBin?" The girl nods shyly. "You don't need to be nervous honey; this school is the best of the best. Everyone here is very kind and nice."

"Excuse me, I was called to the office?" Dabin turns and felt her breath getting caught in her throat as she sees a small girl with the most adorable cheeks. She was dressed in the school uniform which consisted in a navy blue shirt and a light blue button up with the school logo on the right side pocket with white shoes, her hair was a natural brown and flowing freely, the girl was stunning.

"Ah yes! Nancy this is Lee DaBin, she's a new student here." Nancy smiles at the girl before bowing to her. "Ms. Lee, this is Nancy McDonie, she will be helping you find your way around the school for the week."

"It's nice to meet you." Nancy said as she held out her hand, Yeonwoo takes it and shakes it, she gives her a shy smile.

"Nancy-ah, I already gave a heads up to your teachers about coming late to classes, but in case they forget, here is a pass." Nancy nods as she received the piece of paper. "Have a great first day Ms. Lee! I promise you that you will love it here!" Dabin nods and bows before leaving with Nancy.

"So... Dabin?"

"Please, call me Yeonwoo, I prefer Yeonwoo." Nancy nods.

"What grade are you in?"

"I'm a junior."

"Yeonwoo unnie... I'm a freshman." Yeonwoo smiles, the way the younger girl said her name brought butterflies to her stomach as Nancy begins the little tour around the school. The older girl knows she should be paying attention to what was being said but she couldn't help but stare at the smaller girl, there was something about her that she couldn't put her finger on. She saw how friendly she was to the people passing by and how involved she is with the school. She smiled at how passionate the girl was and how serious she was when showing her around. Yeonwoo found her rather adorable and wanted to know everything there was to know about Nancy.

After a half hour of walking though the school and explaining everything, both girls make their way to Yeonwoo's first class.

"So... Where are you from?"

"Eumseong. I was born in Seoul but moved there when I young, I've been there practically my whole life."

"When did you move up here?"

"About two weeks ago, it took my mom a while to transfer me here, so I've been trying to explore the community and find my way around it."

"Have you moved into the dorms yet?"

"Yes, I'm on the third floor, I was given a single room."

"Sounds wonderful." Yenowoo laughs. "I share with my friend JooE-ah, and it's a nightmare." Nancy shakes her head. "We're on the second floor. So if you ever want to stop by you can." Nancy stops right outside a classroom. "We're here." Nancy looks in the classroom and sees students settling in. "I'll meet you after classes, don't be nervous, everyone is going to love you." The younger girl quickly hugs the girl before letting her go. "See you soon!" Nancy quickly makes her way to her own class and Yeonwoo couldn't get rid of the toothy grin she had.

          At lunch, Yeonwoo shyly walks into the cafeteria. The students were buzzing, somewhere eating while others were just talking and enjoying their lunch break. Yeonwoo felt so out of place, she didn't know what to say or do. That was until a voice caught her attention.