Chapter 19

Hyebin loves her girls with all her heart. She would go out of her way for any of the eight girls. Because she's the oldest, she feels it's her responsibility to keep her girls in check and out of trouble. The other girls would tease her and tell her all the time she's their eomma, and in retaliation she would tell them to shut up, only to get laughter as a result. Those girls drive the older girl up a wall and makes her want to pull out all her hair, but she loves all of them nonetheless.

          But something was going on. Something she couldn't quite put her finger on, something was off between all the girls and she wanted to get to the bottom of it. It's why she decided to have this meeting, not really a meeting but actually a meeting "dinner". She had called the girls to have dinner together at their favorite restaurant. She figured because everyone was distant and weird, it's best to get together and set the record right.

"Unnie!" Hyebin snaps out of her thoughts and smiles as she sees Nancy makes her way over to her. She jumps into the older girls arms and hugs her tight. Out of all the girls, Hyebin was always the most protective of Nancy. She doesn't know if it's because she's the youngest or how small she is, or how much of a baby she sounded, but she was always the most protective of the maknae.

"Nancy-ah! How are you?"

"I'm good! How about you unnie?" Hyebin was about to speak when a body collides with hers.

"JooE-ah! How many times do I have to tell you to stop running through the restaurant? You're going to get hurt!" JooE gives her a gummy smile before giving her a huge kiss on her cheek. "JooE!"

"I love you!" The younger girl gives Hyebin a finger heart, it makes the older girl roll her eyes playfully.

"Let's go sit down." Hyebin gestures to the table, Nancy sits across from Hyebin and JooE.

"Who else is coming?" Nancy asked.

"Everyone besides Ahin, she had some family function to be at." The girls nod.

"Hey..." Yeonwoo walks up and gives the girls a small smile.

"Hi unnie." JooE said excitedly.

"Yeonwoo-ah, it's good seeing you." Hyebin said smiling at her.

"Yeonwoo-unnie..." Hyebin watched the two girls stare at each other, it had felt as if they were the only ones in the room. Both girls stopped when Hyebin fake coughed.

"Is this seat taken?" Yeonwoo asked pointing to the empty seat next to Nancy. She shakes her head no. "How's your head?"

"Good. I don't have bad headaches anymore. So that's good I guess." Hyebin looks confused as they grew awkward with each other and the air around them felt weird. She looks over to JooE who's looking at the both of them with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry I haven't called you back or texted you, I was in a slump." Nancy frowns at this. She knows shes the reason why her unnie was in a slump and why she was acting like this and not the energized Yeonwoo everyone knew and loved.

"Are you okay?" Yeonwoo knew there was a double meaning there, she bit her lip and gave the younger girl a smile.

"I'm fine. I promise." Yeonwoo rubs Nancy shoulder. "Don't worry about me. I'm not worth it."

"How can you say that? You are worth it... You're worth it to me." Yeonwoo looks down at her hands and looks away from Nancy to Hyebin who's been staring at the two girls.

"Hyebin-ah, are you okay?"

"Huh?" Hyebin shakes her head and notices all the girls look at her. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just zoned out. Sorry."