Chapter 1- Welcome Home

Claire Pov

"I can't believe my baby is leaving"my mom cried.

"Don't make it worse for her dear, she will be fine"dad tried to calm her down even though his eyes were watering too.

"I can't help it, she is my baby" she sobs.

"We will be back in a second honey" dad tells me as he takes mom away somewhere.

"We are going to miss you so much Claire" Catherine said

"Dammit! I don't want to go" I start sobbing.

"Guys can you give us a minute please" I hear his voice from behind me.

"Sure" they all say in unison.

"Claire you have to go. This is an amazing opportunity for you and your going to do brilliant" he says while looking into my eyes hugging me tight.

"I don't want to leave you" I cry

"I don't want you to either baby but you have too. This is what you've dreamed of. I'm going to miss you like hell but you have too."

"But I love you" I sob.

"I love you too baby more than you will ever know. Always have and you will always have a special place in my heart but this is why we have to say goodbye now"he says with his eyes now watering too.

"Nooo" I say gripping onto him.

"Have a great life Claire and I wish you all the happiness you deserve. I love you" He says wiping his tears away with his voice breaking at the end.

"Please don't. I love you too but I don't want this to happen" I cry.

"Neither do I but it has too" He says wiping my tears looking into my eyes.

"I know" I sob with my head on his chest gripping onto him knowing I won't get another chance too.

He pushes my head back a little so I could look into his eyes then leans in giving me one last kiss.

"Goodbye baby" he says with a broken voice.

"Goodbye" I whisper and with that he walks away leaving me crying in the middle of the room.
Beep beep beep
I jump up with a freight looking around then I realise I'm in my bedroom and my alarm is going off.

It was a dream, well a memory dream.

That happened when I was 18 years old and it was one of the hardest days of my life. The day me and my boyfriend said goodbye to each other. We had been together since freshman year and ended after graduation because I was moving away to go to college. That day was 4 years ago and we haven't spoken since. I was ill and I went through something so hard not long after I moved but no one knows about it apart from my two best friends caty and Sadie.The last I heard about him was 2 years ago when I found out he started seeing someone and even though it was two years since we had split I was still heartbroken when Caty told me. I told her I was happy for him and all I want is for him to be happy but I was gutted at the same time because once upon a time we thought we would've been together for our whole lives. It's funny how things change. Well after that I told my friends and family I didn't want to hear anything about him anymore as it was still so hard hence the reason I've heard nothing for 2 years now. I know he is okay though because I made sure they promised if anything bad or sad happened they had to tell me. Falling in love sucks!

Not long after caty told me I decided I would try to date again since I now knew 100% we were never going to find out way back together. I ended up with a boyfriend and we were together for almost a year but we both decided we were more friends than anything else so we ended it but on good terms. Which means I have been single for 7 months. I'm broken out of my thoughts when I hear my phone ring and realise it's my best friend FaceTiming me.