Entry 10

Entry 10

So, what have I been doing in the days since I found out that I have someone left? Mostly eating microwave lasagna. I know, I know, I should be researching my family tree or something, but I just haven't felt like it. To be honest I still doubt this kid. Anyway, aside from my family reunion, I saw Adam again today. He had gotten drunk last night at the banquet, and when I went to tell him about Solomon, he was clearly nursing a hangover. I made sure to speak quietly and got him an Aspirin. After all, he is the closest thing I have to a friend, and that's what friends do. So, I told him the story of the boy who told me he was my long-lost baby brother.

"God," he muttered, "this all sounds like the plot of a bad movie." I nodded in agreement and sighed, looking into his eyes. They were blue, which I had never noticed until this moment.

"Adam, what do I do? What if he is my brother?" I ventured quietly, not knowing whom to turn to in all this. He reached across the table and took my hand. It wasn't romantic; it was comforting and made a lump rise in my throat. I don't think anybody's ever cared about me the way Adam does. I sighed again, letting my walls fall down for the first time in a long time, and I cried.