Entry 14

Entry 14

I called Dr. White and told her (she said congratulations), but Adam was different. I felt like I needed to tell him face-to-face. So, I called him to tell him to come over (which he did), and when he got inside, I went to make some drinks. When I came back, I realized how odd it was to see Adam Malkovich in my living room, sitting in my worn out couch. He looked weirdly out of place, but I still sat down next to him.

"So the tests came back." I began without hesitating, handing him a glass of scotch.

"And?" he asked, looking at me with raised eyebrows over his glass.

"I... I have a brother. That Solomon kid? He was telling the truth." Adam nearly spit out his scotch when I told him, which made me laugh.

"L-Lady, that's amazing! Here I was worrying that you were pregnant or had a terminal illness or something!" I wrinkled my nose and raised an eyebrow.

"Pregnant?" He shrugged.

"I don't know what you do when I'm not with you." He replied. He was right. I only ever saw him sometimes, and that was for big things like this. I kind of wondered what he did in his spare time, now that I thought about it.

"Well," I said, reaching over and taking his hand, feeling my face grow slightly warm, "we might have to change that."