Chapter 1

(Y/n) pov

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing. I turned to hit the snooze button and looked at my clock it read 5:00 am? Why so early? Oh, right school starts now... SCHOOL!? I need to hurry up and get ready first impressions are important after all. I got up, frantically brushed my teeth and did my hair. I grabbed the uniform and changed. I ran downstairs and tried to make something for breakfast. It was already 6:30 and I needed to walk there!

"Someones up early." My dad said reading the newspaper.

"Yeah today's the first day of school and I'm going to be late!" I said scarfing down a piece of toast.

"Honey, didn't you know?"

"What?" I say making last minute changes to my hair.

"School doesn't start till 9 now. I thought I told you."

"What?!" I say dropping my bag on the floor.

"What's with all the noise?" My little brother Tyler said rubbing his eyes.

"Your sister thought school was going to start." My dad said with a chuckle.

I began to walk back to my room.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going back to bed."

I went back to bed and set my alarm for 8. I couldn't sleep because now I actually had time to think about everything. About a month ago my family moved from the United States to Japan. My dad was offered a job in Japan through his company and he took it in an attempt to make more money for our family and for me and my brother to experience a new culture. I'm a senior and my brother's in 6th. Also, there's my other brother Evan, but he's in college back in the U.S. Before we moved me and my brother also learned Japanese.

I hope I can make friends, by now I'm sure everyone is in their own cliques by now. I don't even know if my Japanese is good enough, sure I've talked to strangers, but hopefully, it's good enough for long term conversations. I couldn't even sleep at this point. I got back up and texted Evan.

"Hi"

"Hey"
"What's up"

"I'm just bored..."

"Oh lol sorry,
I can't talk
very long class
is about to
start it's 3 here"

"Oh sorry it's just
my first day and
I'm nervous"

"Oh, right I forgot
it's your first day!
Good luck I'm sure
you'll make lots
of friends! Gtg"

"Thanks!"
"Bye 👋"

I guess I could leave now. I looked up the school online to see where it was. It didn't look that far. I guess I can use my phone to get there and hopefully no one will realize I have no idea where I'm going. Even though my mom took me to the school to get a tour and register me I didn't really pay attention to the ride I was too busy texting my friends back in the U.S.

I walked down the sidewalk with my headphones in trying to listen on where to go. It took about 15 minutes for me to get there because I kept taking wrong turns. When I got there I opened my locker and set my stuff in and walked into class. I took a desk in the back and waited for class to start.

When class started I had to introduce myself.

"Hello, I'm (Y/n), I just moved to Japan, I hope to make many new friends with you guys!" I say enthusiastically.

Ugh, what did I say, no one says I hope to make many new friends with you guys in high school. I sat back down at my seat. Then a girl turned around to face me.

"Hey, I'm Toshi!" she said smiling.

(A/n): Tysm for reading! Hope you enjoyed!