Chapter 8

Then Makoto was right behind me. Why didn't Toshi warn me sooner?! I couldn't completely fit my foot in the holes of the chain link fence so I was just sliding down. I probably should have just given up then. They already saw it was me it's just I didn't want to deal with them yelling at me and questioning. So I picked up my stuff and ran as fast as I could pass Haru and Makoto and out the exit.

"(Y/n) stop!" Makoto yelled.

Too late now. I turned the corner and fell face first. I immediately got up and saw Tosh's face. That bish tripped me!

"Dude stop running they know it's you. It's even worse for you not to at least explain!"

Dang it, She's right.

"What about you? Come on please don't leave me! I'm just going to freeze up." I say tugging her arm.

Makoto and Haru were already behind us so they could hear everything I was saying but I was just pretending they weren't.

"Fine..." she said signing. "You know they're right behind you right?"

I nod. Then I stood back up completely and faced them. There was a silence, both expecting the other to say something.

"I'm sorry." I finally mumble. I was starring at the ground at my flip flops.

"Why though? I offered you a spot on the swim club and you said you couldn't swim?" Makoto said mostly confused.

"I just never have swum competitively and plus I would be the only girl swimming..." I said still looking down.

"That doesn't mean you couldn't join, Rein didn't even know how to swim when he first joined and look at him now!"

"Uhhh who's Rein?"

He facepalmed. "Well, it kind of ruins the point of you don't know him."

Then Haru started to talk. "It doesn't matter if you don't have experience it's if you have the willingness to learn."

I looked up. I rarely heard him talk I didn't know he said stuff like that.

"Woah Haru when did you get all life coachy?" Tosh said punching him in the arm.

He rolled his eyes. From what Tosh said about him I already knew they didn't get along so I wasn't really surprised.

"Come on (y/n) just join already! I need to get home by 7." Whined Tosh.

"Will you? Plus if you do well just ignore the fact you've been sneaking into the school." said Makoto.

"Really blackmail to get me to join?"

"Whatever gets you to join."

"Fine, but I'm joining because I want to. Blackmail doesn't work on me." I said crossing my arms.

Okay, I was 60% joining on the basis of not getting in trouble but I don't want them to know they can just blackmail me into doing stuff.

"Yay!" Makoto said happily.

Haru also smiled.

"Finally, I thought we were going to be here all day," Tosh said sighing.

"Don't expect me to be bringing back any awards."

"You might surprise yourself." Said Makoto.

"Maybe, if I hadn't already excepted the fact that I have the potential of a potato."

"You know you could be a little more positive about yourself."

"What's it to you," I said laughing.

"Practice is after school till 5." Haru interrupted.

"Okay bye," Tosh said trying to get home.

Then we walked back together.

"Thank goodness that finally happened I think I would have gone crazy from being there every day."

"Thanks for real though for going with me. Although it would have been helpful if you actually did your job!"

"I did! Didn't you hear the ka-ka! Thing?!"

"Oh my gosh, that was you?"

"I thought someone was dying," I said laughing.

"Whatever..." She said crossing her arms.

"It doesn't matter anyway it actually worked out better that way... thanks."