Chapter 3

(Y/n) pov
I looked at his face and had no idea who he was. Then I paid more attention to his hair. It was greenish-brown. I swear Toshi told me about someone with that color hair.

"Are you (y/n)?" He asked.

I was a little surprised he knew my name. Then I realize how dumb I was. "Uh yeah." Crap I don't know his name.

"Oh I'm Makoto, did you like your first day?" he asked.

"Yeah, it was pretty good," I said smiling.

Then it faded into an awkward silence. He looked like he wanted to say something to break it, but he didn't.

"Well, I'll see you around then..." I say

"Yeah, bye see ya." He said.

Then we walked our separate ways.

I walked back to my house and was greeted by my dad.

"Hey (y/n)!" She said.

"Hey," I said back. "Why are you back so early."

"Oh I got everything done early today so I got to go home early. Never mind that though how was your first day?"

"It was great!" I say happily. "I've already made several new friends!"

"That's great to hear!"

I walked up the stairs to my room. That's weird. Dad never came back early at his job in the U.S. it's probably because it's his first month so they don't have everything completely settled. I grabbed my phone and checked my texts Evan had texted me.

Hi
How was the first
day

Hey
It was good
I have already made
Some friends

Good I knew u would!

Thanks

We texted for a little longer and then I started on my homework. It wasn't too challenging, but some words I wasn't completely sure of what they said.

Then Tyler came bursting through the door and jumped up on to my bed.

"Hey! What are you doing?" He said

"Nothing."

"Come on show me." He whined.

"Fine. Look its literally homework."

"Oh, I thought you were texting your imaginary friends."

"Excuse me! I'm sure I have more than you. Like I couldn't imagine anyone who could stand to be with you for more than two minutes!"

"Fine then how many do you have?"

"You tell me first! You'll probably just lie about how many you have so you have more than me."

"How do I know you won't."

"Because I have some integrity."

"6 and it's only been a day what about you and imaginary friends don't count."

Are you actually serious?! How the heck did he get fricken 6 friends. I was proud of myself for making 3. Are my standards really that low?

"8."

"Sure you did."

"I did!"

"Mmhmm"

"Whatever!" I said hitting him with a pillow.

"Go away I need to focus on homework!"

"Whatever!" He said slamming my door shut.

I finished all my homework and went to bed. I was kind of excited to go to school the next day.