4: Are you okay? - 3rd Person/Roman's POV

TW: Anxiety attack

Roman entered his favorite class of the day, Drama Class. He loved acting and performing so much, but no one really supported him. 

"Hi, Mrs.Spinner!" Roman chirped cheerfully.

"Hello my stylish little sophomore!" The Drama teacher said. "He was the mark and glass, copy and book, that fashion'd others."

"You know I love my Shakespeare!" The teen said when he heard whimpering. Roman ran away from the teacher and into the classroom. He tried to walk casually while finding where the sobs were coming from.

"No one accepts me." Roman heard a whisper and more cry's from backstage. The boy strolled through the stage until he was sure no one could see him. He sprinted to see a teen who was sitting there, tears streaming down his face. 

It was an anxiety attack. Roman knew this straight away. He sprinted as fast as his legs would allow him and he then crouched down and laid his hand on the shoulder of... of...

...The boy he sat with on the bus?

"G-g-go a-a-away-y." The boy managed to choke out.

"I am not going to leave you in this state. I want you to know, you have a friend." Then Roman took out his phone and his earbuds. "What's your name?" He asked.

"V-V-V-Vir-rgil-l." He managed to say. Roman could tell the boy was in very bad condition.

"Alright Virgil, my name is Roman." He stated as he turned on, Sing To Me Instead, which was the album the bo- Virgil was listening to that morning. "Here you go." Roman gave an earbud to Virgil as he plugged the other one into his own ears.

"Th-th-than-n-nks-s." Virgil's tears started to go down as they sat listening to, Bad Habit by Ben Platt.

You always said that I'd come back to you again

'Cause everybody needs a friend, it's true

Someone to quiet the voices in my head

Make 'em sing to me instead, it's you

After the song ended, Roman told Virgil to inhale for four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, and exhale for eight seconds. After a few minutes, Virgil calmed down, and the boys discreetly snuck back into class. Virgil seemed to be feeling better, and Roman, well... He made a real friend. 

Yeah, he had friends, but they were like himself, bullies. They snickered and laughed when Roman tried to be nice. They were the worst.

"This year we will be performing... Dear Evan Hansen!" Cheers and whoops were the loudest they've been. "This year and following years, I will make it so we perform a Broadway play... In High School!!"

"Yeah!" Roman squealed. He looked over to his new friend and he didn't seem as happy. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just that I don't belong in this classroom. I signed up for art, not Drama." he said with a sniffle.

"Oh, sorry. Your stuck here. But cheer up, you have me, and that's all you need right now. Drama is hard to go through without a friend."

"Thanks." He uttered with a slight grin.

*Thanks for reading! Again, constructive criticism is advised. Make sure to share this story with your friends. I really want to become a better writer and the more views means better help with my writing. Thank you guys so much, bye!*