5: Coming Out - 3rd Person/Virgil's POV

Virgil woke up the next morning with a grin. 

I can't believe I actually have a friend.

It was the day after his anxiety attack, and boy, was he feeling great! He now knew that someone out there was supporting him, and his name was Roman.

Roman was a great young man. He was a little more out there, but he helped Virgil in any ways he could. Well, so far he has. Like during Drama yesterday, and he gave him a seat during lunch too.

Lunch wasn't the best the day prior. Roman and Virgil sat with Roman's friends, and they were the rudest people the teen has ever met. They scolded him and Roman. Virgil was called a loser, an emo, and a creepy cookie. The last insult didn't make as much sense as the others, but they were truly harsh with their words.

However, Roman was criticized because he was being nice. The two boys soon found another table and they talked, and talked, and talked, 'til the bell rang informing the students that seventh period was starting.

Virgil smiled at the memory, then put on his outfit, except with a white shirt this time instead of black.

Little changes, little changes.

He thought to himself. 

Oh, will Roman like it? I hope he does, 'cause he is really handso-

Virgil stood, staring in the mirror, frozen. Had he really just thought that? His breathes quickened due to surprise and guilt. 

He was gay? This whole time?

He grabbed his chest and smiled. That's why he liked the album so much, because it was about someone who was gay

He finished getting ready, and smiled wider than he ever has before. He liked Roman, and he wasn't scared about it.

How would I tell Roman?

The teen froze again, realizing this. How would he? Just be like, "Yo, whattup? I'm gay." That would totally ruin their friendship. 

Nevertheless, he took a deep breath and walked to the bus stop.

He isn't going to accept you.

He will hate you.

You're an idiot.

His anxiety flowed many thoughts throughout his head as the bus pulled up. He was lightheaded and scared. The teen slowly stepped, stepped, stepped. The boy located Roman and walked down the aisle towards him. Today, Roman wasn't talking to his friends, he was just smiling in the direction of Virgil. 

"Hey, Virge!" He happily stated as Virgil sat down.

"I h-have something t-to tell you R-Roman."

"Yeah? Are you okay?"

"I'm... G-gay."

*Thanks friends for reading! This was a bad chapter, I know. Just constructively criticize me in the comments. That was quite emotional, bleh. Oof, I'm so awkward. Bye peeps!*