Hyacinth's Morning

It was a bright morning that day. Arguably brighter than usual; nothing was usual since the day Joseph became a part of his family. It was as though his very presence disrupted the other of things. Despite the cloth cover of his window, the sun persistently went through, making the fabric look sheer. Finding a way to somehow bathe him in its light. He found it annoying at first, waking up with the sun hitting his face, but now he'd grown used to it to the point he'd welcome the sun.

So here he was, still sprawled in bed, legs tangled in the cloth covering his bare body. His sleeping schedule was thrown out of balance too. He would sleep late and wake up with the sun already rising. By the time he's awake the people would have the table fixed, and they're not alone. Joseph. Joseph was, again, a strange one, but a good kind of strange. Similar to his kind of strange—like him, Joseph seems to have a penchant for doing housework. He assists in the kitchen, in the stables, in the hall, etc. Maybe this was normal from where he came? He is the talented person that Aesop wanted to be, but wasn't because not only was he talented in practical life skills, he was also a skillful warrior. He says that it is his first time, but is that really the truth?

There was something about Joseph Aesop that I couldn't shake off. For some reason, Joseph was always near. Like a shadow that closely follows by. Like the moon who lingers from the sky. Sometimes Joseph would accompany him on menial chores such as fixing the table, managing the garden. He grew used to his company. His prior apprehension seemed silly now as he thought of it. Aesop does not know whether his thoughts are true or he is just taken by his eccentric charm, but he does appreciate his presence.

One of the stranger things Joseph took up was waking him up in the morning. If anything, he served as the new rooster in his spot. Aesop used to be embarrassed being woken up by him, especially when he sleeps bare, but with time, he grew used to it too. He means well. Nevertheless, this wasn't one of those days. So Aesop woke up alone, the sun highlighting him as he dressed.

Before he left his room he noticed a peculiarity, another white flower by his feet. Recently, he kept getting white flowers scattered around his room, and there was only one culprit. Aesop felt flushed as he picked the delicate flower up, and absentmindedly placed it by his ear. Satisfied, he took out the ribbon Joseph gave him from before. He did ask Joseph where he found the ribbon, after all, it was the same exact ribbon he wore before he had lost it. However, Joseph just smiled at him. With haste, he wore the ribbon, making his hair as neat as possible.

By the time he visited the dining hall, all of his brothers were already eating. The salivating smell of cooked meat made his stomach grumble pitily. "Good morning Hyacinth!" Eli yelled, smiling truly, evident even with his blindfold. "Good morning Zephyr." Aesop returned the gesture. The other attempted to scoot over to offer a seat, however—

"Good morning petit oiseau."

That familiar lilt—Aesop looked over to see Joseph, patting the space next him. "Good morning Joseph." He quietly said, before accepting the seat. "How was your morning 'Sop?" Naib asked, sitting next to Joseph. Mouth practically devouring his plate. "It was okay.. a bit bright but okay." Naib grinned, pointing his thumb at Aesop's crown, he said " You've been wearing flowers a lot lately, what's the change? It's not a bad thing! It just​—suits you, ya know?" "I agree." Joseph piped in. He cocked his head and smiled coyly.

"After all, he himself is a beautiful flower."

This made Aesop flush. Taking a fork, he shoved a handful of meat in Joseph's mouth. He however only smiled, chewing the meat before thanking him. ''Thank you Aesop, that was very sweet of you.'' Naib's body shook until he burst out laughing, patting Joseph at the back "This man! Plus points for being smooth but be careful who knows who got hit by that!" At the same time Aesop noticed Eli clenching his teeth looking disgruntled. ''Are you okay? Zeph?"