Chapter 21

The next morning, Ignis, Gladio, Prompto and I decided to go check out the town with Talcott as our tour guide. Noct was still sound asleep by the time we were up, but we figured we'd let him sleep in. Not only was it because he was a real deep sleeper, so waking him up was a bit tedious, but since he wasn't feeling so well yesterday we thought he needed some extra sleep. So while he catches up on some sleep, the rest of us followed Talcott around town to check out the sights. During the tour, Talcott told us some information regarding a secret weapon hiding behind a waterfall. After that, we all decided to head back to the Leville and tell Noct the news. Once we got back though, Jared told us he and Iris were out on a tour, so we waited until the two of them came back.

We were waiting in the lobby when we see Noct and Iris come back from their tour, and Prompto eagerly greeted them with a smile.

"Hey, look who's back!" he says and turns to Talcott. "Talcott, go on and tell 'em what you told me."

"You got it!" Talcott said with a grin, only to have Jared calmly reprimand him.

"Oh, come now, show some respect," he said.

"Whoa, no need to respect me," Prompto says dismissively. "I'm not royalty."

"Go on, Talcott," I urged him with a smile. He gave me a nod and looked up at Noct.

"So, there's this legend about a sword," Talcott says to him. "And the sword's supposed to be behind a waterfall nearby."

"It may well be one of the lost tombs," Ignis added, gaining Noct's attention.

"Check it out?" Gladio asks Noct.

"For sure," he nods. "Thanks for the tip Talcott."

"Your welcome!" Talcott beamed happily.

After getting ready for the trip, we left the hotel and made our way over to our car. As we passed by a few shops on the way, I looked around until my eyes landed on the familiar fabric shop with the old woman standing there, still smiling at others as they passed her by. Her gentle eyes caught my gaze and she smiled warmly at me. I smiled back and waved at her before following the guys back to the Regalia. Once we all hopped inside, we drove off to the location marked on the map where Talcott told us a sword was hidden.

It didn't take us long to find the waterfall Talcott talked about. It a small drive from Lestallum where we stopped a little ways from the waterfall. At the foot of the giant cliff where the water flowed were giant crab monsters crawling along the rocks. We took them out first before we made our way closer to the waterfall.

"The legend says to look behind the waterfall," Prompto says. As we approached, we spotted the entrance to the cave, just as Talcott predicted.

"What does the waterfall say?" Ignis asks.

"I think it says, 'Come in,'" the blonde replies. The five of us made our way inside the cave and were immediately greeted with a cold draft. Prompto shivered as he rubbed his arms to warm up.

"Woah, kinda cold in there..." he said with a hint of concern.

"You're not gonna back out cause its a bit cool in there, are ya?" Gladio says jokingly.

"What? No! It's just...it would've been nice to have an extra coat on us, ya know?" I stopped walking in front of Prompto, causing him to bump into my back.

"Oof! What's wrong, Raya?" he asks.

"I don't think a coat will be enough to keep you warm," I said, looking deeper into the cave.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I pointed to what I was looking at, directing his attention to the frost covered rocks and stone. Sheets of sleet and ice coated the rock beneath our feet, and long icicles hung from the ceiling in clusters. No doubt it was a cool sight, but one wrong move could result in quite the serious injury. Though, every cave we've been in thus far has some sort of danger within them.